New Cross Bows ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I saw a fall article that outing the latest and greatest cross bows. Their list prices were U$S 4,000 to $ 5,000. Any reason for paying that much? Any tips on a better value?

I'm not aware of any 4-5k crossbows. I think the most expensive is running between 3 and 4k and that's still a lot. If you're taking one of those crossbows and packaging it with one of the new rangefinder scopes (1k+) that will put you in that price range for sure though.

I had the the tenpoint havoc 470 and it cost more then i care to admit but I did not have it long before i sold it. It had all the latest and greatest stuff and i really didn't care for it. Sold it and bought a used/like new Excalibur micro 355 and couldnt be happier. I had a mission sub-1 i sold to my brother in law that i regret. I have stupid moments sometimes where i "just have to try something new."

I'm not aware of any 4-5k crossbows. I think the most expensive is running between 3 and 4k and that's still a lot. If you're taking one of those crossbows and packaging it with one of the new rangefinder scopes (1k+) that will put you in that price range for sure though.

I had the the tenpoint havoc 470 and it cost more then i care to admit but I did not have it long before i sold it. It had all the latest and greatest stuff and i really didn't care for it. Sold it and bought a used/like new Excalibur micro 355 and couldnt be happier. I had a mission sub-1 i sold to my brother in law that i regret. I have stupid moments sometimes where i "just have to try something new."
Do you have big whitetails in your area?

So would you buy the micro 355 again?

I wouldn't even think of trying to hunt deer around here with something that shots a stick. I am happy to get a shot that is under 200 yards.

Latest posts