New Corral

Help Support CattleToday:

Supa Dexta

Reaction score
Been picking away at a new handling setup the last few weeks, finally ran a group of 30 calves thru it to try it out. Worked great. Few more things to finish up, but its turned out well - for a lot of work. Ended up putting 2 gates in the holding pen, an in and out.

20150812_161709.jpg

20150828_152915.jpg

20150930_100741.jpg

2826.jpg

20151014_123110.jpg

J&D Cattle":qx5v4gju said:
Looks good. Pretty nice "old headgate" too.

Thanks guys.

Its just bare bones auto catch, I threw a new coat of paint on it though. I built the palp cage for it, the sliding gate, the squeeze tub, the turn.. etc. Hanging gates are store bought though - cause they are just as cheap as I can build them really.

Supa Dexta":25gf740r said:
J&D Cattle":25gf740r said:

Thanks guys.

Its just bare bones auto catch, I threw a new coat of paint on it though. I built the palp cage for it, the sliding gate, the squeeze tub, the turn.. etc. Hanging gates are store bought though - cause they are just as cheap as I can build them really.

I wish I had a fraction of the fabrication skills some on CT have. Good work!

From where I'm taking the picture, its goes in the other direction towards the main road, so trucks come in, turn around and head back towards the road, back into the corral to load and are on their way out the driveway. Down to the right goes to the barns. Behind the tub to the right goes to pasture.

Can kinda see it in this shot

20150929_181349.jpg

I've since burnt that old table. :lol2:

I spent the day adding more fill, that 10' gate before the tub, swings across that alley, so once they are thru the chute, you can empty the holding pen and drive them back to the barn, or to load out. Here ya go

yeah.png

Gate swings across that red line, and sends em back where ever. The 10 footer that is, not the 8' you can see.

Very nice. I Just acquired property and am going to be building working area in the spring. Thanks for sharing.

J&D Cattle":3bt65ol2 said:
Supa Dexta":3bt65ol2 said:
J&D Cattle":3bt65ol2 said:

Thanks guys.

I wish I had a fraction of the fabrication skills some on CT have. Good work!

Me and you both. Nice work :tiphat:

5.5-6ft for the most part, 10 foot 6x6's and tried to get them all down to 4.5. The inner runs of the races are one plank less, so I can reach over them. It has a cable ran along it though. 28" races lined with heavy rubber belting, first section is 32 ft, and then another 15 leading into the headgate. Cows make that bend no trouble at all. Everything is rough dimension treated lumber, got the same facility that does guard rail posts and wharf lumber to make it.

And thanks, Still have to change some things around with the headgate, going to put in permanent scales at some point, just had portables in front of headgate this yr. But it's worked great for me this fall, really sped things up. Can run thru dozens an hour no problem now.

One thing I also came up with, is after re painting the headgate, and having everything that dark green. I took the neck bars off and painted them white. That seems to have helped brighten up the 'hole' for them to stick their head thru on the auto catch. When it was all dark it was as if they were seeing more of a solid wall and were hesitating to stick their heads thru. But you can even see in the above pic how much more open it looks now, and the head gate is shut in the picture.

Latest posts