New Cook Book

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Hubby got me the first cook book done by Julia Child's. It is a 40th anniversary edition.
Been going through it and can hardly wait to try some of the recipes out.

MO_cows":12482jrl said:
Lucky you! So are ya gonna debone the duck like in the Julie and Julia movie??

LOVED that movie, have watched a few times. I didn't know there was a anniversary edition out , I will have to order it. Did you know Julia was like 6 foot 2 :shock

Congrats on the book ILH that was a great gift from your DH. I am sure you will have many many enjoyable cooking experiences with it. :D

PS, maybe your son should read it too ... :p :lol:

I got that movie. We just love it.
Well years ago I saw Julia Child's cook and I tried her recipe I saw for steak and it turned out awesome.

I hope he does read it. :nod:

yes she was a tall woman.

It is completely different from what you might be used to seeing in most cook books. She has the ingriedents listed to the left of the recipe and everything yo need to make with the instructions on the right side.
So much information there.

Great gift! That was a really good movie too.
I love cookbooks! Can sometimes find Julia's programs re-running on the PBS stations...

Trying out the Beef in Red wine, the same one they did in the movie.

Now I'm not a wine expert, but hubby got me a bottle. A Burgany.
I normally use a wine called Ironside Vineyards Shiraz 2003 in my beef recipes that call for wine. For some reason it really goes well with beef.

Mmmmmm, I bet your house smells good! Beef loves any red wine if you ask me, burgundy, merlot, shiraz, you can't go wrong as long it's not a sweet one.

ILH what is the exact title and edition details of the book please, I want to order it.

Thanks so much . :wave:

Glad your Beef was yummy :D

HD it is
Mastering the Art of French Cooking

Julia Child
Louisette Bertholle
Simone Beck

40th Anniversary is the 9th printing

This one was originally printed in 1961, she did a volume 2 in 1970, there are 10 other books she has done.

Publisher is Alfred A Knopf

Hope this helps.

MO_cows":14r1epss said:
Mmmmmm, I bet your house smells good! Beef loves any red wine if you ask me, burgundy, merlot, shiraz, you can't go wrong as long it's not a sweet one.
Guess that eliminates Mogan David concord grape huh??? :lol2: :lol2:

Made the Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce tonight.
Boy is that a tender lamb. The Garlic Sauce really brought out the flavor.

Even hubby who does not care too much for lamb likes it. :D

You mean there actually other ways to cook than over a bed of hardwood coals???? Now I'm really confused

Latest posts