New Clippers

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlboots

Reaction score
Ok, so it is time for clippers. I need something fairly inexpensive, well reasonable for clippers ($250 range max). I have a very small like rechargable oster set that is tiny, but we have never done the clipping ourselves before now. So, I was hoping to get by with only one set of clippers, but I will get different blades if I need to. Can anyone give me a good recommendation on a set of clippers that I can use for the whole animal (so I would guess a mid size one?) and what blades or guards I would need and what each would be used for?

cowgirlboots":2jsjf8rr said:
Ok, so it is time for clippers. I need something fairly inexpensive, well reasonable for clippers ($250 range max). I have a very small like rechargable oster set that is tiny, but we have never done the clipping ourselves before now. So, I was hoping to get by with only one set of clippers, but I will get different blades if I need to. Can anyone give me a good recommendation on a set of clippers that I can use for the whole animal (so I would guess a mid size one?) and what blades or guards I would need and what each would be used for?

Just bought a set of totally rechargable Wahl's for $150 they held up to clipping several bulls, you can also plug them iinto the power cord and use them that way.. They claim 80min on a charge. They also make a model that uses interchangable batteries for the same money.

Thanks 3way, that sounds great! I was hoping to get by without spending 3-400 dollars on a good one. We clip very little, just the face and a little touch up, for the county fair.

I have a wahl switchblade wide blade, only $170. Also have a Oster clipmaster that my dad bought when he was in high school in 70's...LOL...new one's are $250, and you can find a lot of used ones.
Good luck

If you're not going to be slicking a lot of calves I love my Andis Lightspeeds. They are fast, quiet, light, and the light is helpful even though you should always try to clip in good lighting so it's not completely necessary. I have a super blocking blade, a T blade, a #10, and I can do everything I can think of as far as clipping.