New chevy pickups engine

Help Support CattleToday:

My Dad was a diehard chevy man. Was working on the 3rd overhaul when he ran across enough financeing for a new pick-up. Went with the cummings and has never looked back.

Personally I like my Ford. Locals here hate the new chevys unless you arn't planning on working it. Said it works fine for the comute to work.

certherfbeef":14kmz3nc said:
My Dad was a diehard chevy man. Was working on the 3rd overhaul when he ran across enough financeing for a new pick-up. Went with the cummings and has never looked back.

Personally I like my Ford. Locals here hate the new chevys unless you arn't planning on working it. Said it works fine for the comute to work.

I've got one and while it ain't got the power of my dad's powerstroke, it is a good engine. It's a 2500HD with a 4:10 rear. It'll take 11,000 pounds down the road with no problems. We use his Ford as the primary hauler. The Chevy get's about 13 mpg in everyday driving.

elkay":6hpy5gl7 said:
simcross":6hpy5gl7 said:
they call it a 6000 what cubic inch or liter would that be
that is approx. 360 cu in.

If the unit of measure for the 6000 is cubic centimeters, then it is 366.142463 cubic inches. ;-)

Any of you folks having problems with your diesel Chevy's after they hit 60 to 70 thousand? I have heard from many folks about them having to replace pump.