new calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
I've just had 2 calves -the cow looked like it was at least 3 or 4 weeks away-- didnt bag up, not sloppy on the rear end either--good job were going through a mild spell or they would have been frozen stiff ,calves are full term healthy and up sucking-- these are old cows I generally can tell within a couple days when there going to calve. anyone had this happen before.

carl

Carlos D.":z9wf9p50 said:
I've just had 2 calves -the cow looked like it was at least 3 or 4 weeks away-- didnt bag up, not sloppy on the rear end either--good job were going through a mild spell or they would have been frozen stiff ,calves are full term healthy and up sucking-- these are old cows I generally can tell within a couple days when there going to calve. anyone had this happen before.

carl

Yep, had it happen. Usually while you are watching one that is bagged right up and loose enough for the calf to fall out. Some don't hardly show before calving and some you watch for weeks ;-)

Yep, had it happen. Usually while you are watching one that is bagged right up and loose enough for the calf to fall out. Some don't hardly show before calving and some you watch for weeks ;-)[/quote]

That is so funny and so true!

We're due to have 20 calves in the next 60 days (14 of them first time heifers) but this is what the hubby says..... and I'll have to see if this works on all of them.....

about six weeks before they calve they'll have a discharge out the back and then this happens again (a second time) about 3 weeks later and the third time (I'll have to ask him again but I think he said within another 3 weeks) they have a discharge they will calve within 3 days.........

but the hubby has been right about my last 4 calves.

Latest posts