New Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Is the red bull Category II (American Red Angus Associaiton category for 87-100% angus with disqualifying characteristics) or does the canadian angus associaiton allow scurs.

dun":hlykfa3s said:
Is the red bull Category II (American Red Angus Associaiton category for 87-100% angus with disqualifying characteristics) or does the canadian angus associaiton allow scurs.

No, he's out of registered parents, but not registered or, not sold with papers. At least that is what they said at the sale. We are all commercial, and I'm pretty sure that scurs won't affect his calving ease.

alacattleman":1rnhc5u7 said:
like the black bull,,, the reds a little weak...but that just my opp onion

I agree, the black is a much better bull. But, they both have their uses. He will go onto some of our top end cows. T

The red bull is for the heifers. He has decent enough growth and while the calves might not be show stoppers, I think that they will be OK.

randiliana":p79q65gi said:
dun":p79q65gi said:

No, he's out of registered parents, but not registered or, not sold with papers. At least that is what they said at the sale. We are all commercial, and I'm pretty sure that scurs won't affect his calving ease.
Just curious is all.

dun":besn69f1 said:
randiliana":besn69f1 said:
dun":besn69f1 said:

Just curious is all.

That's fine. I don't mind. Here Black and Red are registered under the same registry. Reds are designated by Red preceding their name. Blacks can have red parents/grandparents etc and Reds can have black. A # of black herds have started up using red cows bred to black bulls.

No, he's out of registered parents, but not registered or, not sold with papers. At least that is what they said at the sale. We are all commercial, and I'm pretty sure that scurs won't affect his calving ease.[/quote]
Just curious is all.[/quote]

That's fine. I don't mind. Here Black and Red are registered under the same registry. Reds are designated by Red preceding their name. Blacks can have red parents/grandparents etc and Reds can have black. A # of black herds have started up using red cows bred to black bulls.[/quote]................... well that sorta explains the red bull too me, here theres a world of difference phenotypically between the two

Latest posts