New Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are the last two bulls that we bought this year. That's it for our purchases!! They are both 2 years old.

Both have 100lb BW. Once I find the catalog I can tell you what the WW's are. The 2146P bull has the higher WW and his ADG was over 3# per day. The 2046P bull was just under 3# per day (I think)

2146P from the side
2146Pb.jpg

2146P from behind
2146Pc.jpg

2046P from the side
2046Pa.jpg

VanC":32uh5ry0 said:
I was expecting Shorthorns, but they look real good anyway. ;-) ;-)

;-) ;-) Nope, we like to keep the angus influence in the herd. Our other bull is Hereford. Besides, it took me 12 years to talk hubby :heart: into that Shorthorn bull ;-)

Hill Creek Farm":6b6514ly said:
Where did you buy those two Angus bulls at? I was guessing Remitall or the Calagry.
:cboy:

We bought them from the Hill 70 Quantock's Barn Burnin' Bull Sale at Lloydminster, Sk. We have been getting some of our bulls from them for the last few years.

randiliana":2g8qbxne said:
Hill Creek Farm":2g8qbxne said:
Where did you buy those two Angus bulls at? I was guessing Remitall or the Calagry.
:cboy:

We bought them from the Hill 70 Quantock's Barn Burnin' Bull Sale at Lloydminster, Sk. We have been getting some of our bulls from them for the last few years.
Well, Remitall just had there big bull sale and I didn't know if you bought them at there sale or not. Nice looking bulls. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":3q5dht0a said:
]Well, Remitall just had there big bull sale and I didn't know if you bought them at there sale or not. Nice looking bulls. :cboy:

Actually we bought them the first of Feb, and they were just delivered.

randiliana":gu7uik4f said:
Here are the last two bulls that we bought this year. That's it for our purchases!! They are both 2 years old.
Nice smooth well muscled bull. Carries ample thickness and depth over the back and rear quarter, good leg and tight sheath.

Thank you La4angus!!

Actually we were lucky :D to get him (2146). He was my pick of the bunch, and those are usually the $5000+ bulls that we cannot afford. It turns out though that they couldn't paper him as his DNA kept coming back wrong, and they aren't sure who sired him, so they kept him out of the sale. We bought the one bull on order and after the sale they asked us if we wanted him (they knew I he was my #1 pick) and told us the story, and we jumped at him :p .

The best (or worst) part was that they used him as a yearling last year on some cows, and now they have a bunch of unregisterable calves :(.

Latest posts