New bulls and heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Our 2 new bulls and 10 bred heifers are supposed to be getting here sometime tonite. They are late. Found out yesterday that they would be coming in to Swift Current tonite around supper, so we would have to find someone to haul them home. Talk about a challenge, everyone that has a big enough trailer to haul 12 head seems to be busy tonite. Finally did find someone that could go get them. So hubby went with the guy. They are late, thought they would have been her 2 hours ago!!

1 bull is a 2 year old Hereford, the other a yearling Black Angus and the heifers are Hereford bred Black Angus to calve starting Mar 15. The guy we bought them from was getting a little anxious to send them out since they are starting to show and I don't think he really wants to calve them out. It is turning into a loooong trip for them, they will be glad to get off the trailer and onto some feed. I will post pics tomorrow if they ever get here.

Better late than never. Are these your belated Valentine's gifts? :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":1lzszapx said:
Better late than never. Are these your belated Valentine's gifts? :lol:

cfpinz

:D :D

No actually, but they would work. We bought them Feb 2 and the weather had been too cold for delivery up til now.

How far did you have to haul them from where you bought them. If it was a pretty long ways, keep your eyes open for new calves arriving a little earlier. Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

ENNOT":3o1uyu5b said:
How far did you have to haul them from where you bought them. If it was a pretty long ways, keep your eyes open for new calves arriving a little earlier. Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

They had a long day. They were on the trailer by 10 am and didn't get here til 10 pm. So I would expect a calf or 2 to be early. But, they are pretty quiet heifers, and seem to take everything in stride fairly well, so they will be a little less stressed than if they were on the wild side. We kept them in the calving pen, just so we can keep a closer eye on them.