New bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Left on the 5th for Lloydminster, AB and got back on the 10th. 1800+ mile round trip. It was worth it. :cowboy:

H70-QUANTOCK FP 422T

P1010100.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P1010103.jpg

Born on March 20, 2007. A real moderate muscle bound bull.

His sire is a 3/4 brother to NR's Lad 20P bull and has 8020 on both sides of his pedigree.

EPD's
BW: 2.9
WW: 35.8
YW: 58.2
Milk: 13.7
TM: 31.6

Actual BW: 82 lbs
Adjusted 205: 592 lbs
Adjusted YW: 854 lbs

Scrotal: 40 cm

:clap: Well done, very good choice, and I think just what your herd needed.

If there never was a bull with perfect eyeset, this one comes as close as it gets.

KNERSIE":11odgcjc said:

If there never was a bull with perfect eyeset, this one comes as close as it gets.
looks like he dont have any, looking strait at him. which would be a great advantage........ good butt and topline

Hey Aaron, looks like a pretty good bull you got. Heard your name at the sale, but of course never ran into you. Would have liked to have met you. Met a different couple from ON though, and they were pretty nice people.

We got a Red Angus and a Black Angus. No pictures for now though.

KNERSIE":3fwou7u2 said:

The eyeset was the final stroke for picking him out. Another bull was similar but just didn't come in as pretty a package.

bigbull338":3fwou7u2 said:
thats 1 heck of a nice looking bull.what is his breeding.

This should work,

http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5051515D

randiliana":3fwou7u2 said:
Hey Aaron, looks like a pretty good bull you got. Heard your name at the sale, but of course never ran into you. Would have liked to have met you. Met a different couple from ON though, and they were pretty nice people.

Same here Randi. I was there at about 8 a.m. and pretty well spent the entire time till 12 in the Hereford pen. I was sitting about half way up the middle bleachers to the north side. Didn't know what you looked like, so couldn't look for you. I was the one wandering around in the Carhartt toque and jacket. I bid on the elite bulls and a few others, but was waiting patiently for this guy to go through...as were a few other people apparently. I only stayed around until the Herefords finished as I was heading over to visit the Oddan family at Maidstone before dark. I know Bill had a few orders from out this way, mostly Red Angus orders. Real friendly folks out that way. What was the name of the couple from Ontario?

Aaron":1zsfny4s said:
randiliana":1zsfny4s said:

Same here Randi. I was there at about 8 a.m. and pretty well spent the entire time till 12 in the Hereford pen. I was sitting about half way up the middle bleachers to the north side. Didn't know what you looked like, so couldn't look for you. I was the one wandering around in the Carhartt toque and jacket. I bid on the elite bulls and a few others, but was waiting patiently for this guy to go through...as were a few other people apparently. I only stayed around until the Herefords finished as I was heading over to visit the Oddan family at Maidstone before dark. I know Bill had a few orders from out this way, mostly Red Angus orders. Real friendly folks out that way. What was the name of the couple from Ontario?

Carhartt toque and Jacket eh?? :lol2: :lol2: I think that is what 1/2 of the people there were wearing ;-)

We were sitting right down in front on the chairs. Right on the north end of the row. There were so many people there, that I don't think I even noticed you. Maybe if we had went into the Hereford pen, but we weren't interested in one this year. Ah, well there is always next year, or the year after that...... From what I saw in the ring, the Herefords looked pretty good, but none that I was interested in was good for heifers. We stuck through the whole sale.

Was interesting, the Herefords were down in price from last year, the Red and Black Angus 2 year olds sold fairly well, but the yearlings were awfully cheap. The Simm/Angus bulls were decently priced and the Chars were pretty high priced. So were the bred heifers and cows. They were at least $200 over market price around here. I think Bill was pleased with that.

The couple were Dan and Liz Webster, I believe, my memory for names is terrible. They were from about an hour north of Toronto, don't know exactly where.

randiliana":3gmazse4 said:
Aaron":3gmazse4 said:
randiliana":3gmazse4 said:

Carhartt toque and Jacket eh?? :lol2: :lol2: I think that is what 1/2 of the people there were wearing ;-)

We were sitting right down in front on the chairs. Right on the north end of the row. There were so many people there, that I don't think I even noticed you. Maybe if we had went into the Hereford pen, but we weren't interested in one this year. Ah, well there is always next year, or the year after that...... From what I saw in the ring, the Herefords looked pretty good, but none that I was interested in was good for heifers. We stuck through the whole sale.

Was interesting, the Herefords were down in price from last year, the Red and Black Angus 2 year olds sold fairly well, but the yearlings were awfully cheap. The Simm/Angus bulls were decently priced and the Chars were pretty high priced. So were the bred heifers and cows. They were at least $200 over market price around here. I think Bill was pleased with that.

The couple were Dan and Liz Webster, I believe, my memory for names is terrible. They were from about an hour north of Toronto, don't know exactly where.

Not specific enough? Didn't think so. ;) I sat down in the front to eat, but I don't care for looking a bulls at that angle, so I got some altitude.

Herefords seemed to be fairly down, but there was also a number of bulls that had some faults if you were real critical. I figured an average on 48 of the 50 Herefords was $2337.50, with half of them going less than $2500.00.

The bred heifers and cows went at least $200 more than they would have here, in some cases $300 to $400 more. Seemed to be fair interest in the Chars and Reds, but not a lot else...judging from what interest I seen outside.

Can't say I know those folks. But again, they live on the other side of the world, I mean, Ontario. :cowboy:

Aaron":2vx3ralv said:
Not specific enough? Didn't think so. ;) I sat down in the front to eat, but I don't care for looking a bulls at that angle, so I got some altitude.

Herefords seemed to be fairly down, but there was also a number of bulls that had some faults if you were real critical. I figured an average on 48 of the 50 Herefords was $2337.50, with half of them going less than $2500.00.

The bred heifers and cows went at least $200 more than they would have here, in some cases $300 to $400 more. Seemed to be fair interest in the Chars and Reds, but not a lot else...judging from what interest I seen outside.

Can't say I know those folks. But again, they live on the other side of the world, I mean, Ontario. :cowboy:

And, that is my favorite place to sit.

Yeah, there were a lot of bulls with faults, but I guess you never find one that is perfect. It is just what can you live with?? I never did figure out the averages, but I know that you could have had nearly any red or black Angus yearling for under $2500, and there were some pretty darn nice ones in there. We just prefer 2 year olds. Actually we only needed one bull for the heifers, but DH's pick of the Black bulls was just too hard to pass up, and he sold within our price range :nod: so now we have even more bulls than we needed :roll: .

We were interested in some of the heifers or cows, but not at the prices they brought. They were decent enough animals.

Yeah, I don't know a lot about places in ON, but figured it would be just like asking me if I knew someone here, but sometimes you get a surprise, it is a small world.

Nice bull Aaron. He should do you alot of good. Not impressed with numbers but they arent everthing. He will probably outbreed himself and those numbers will probably go up. JHH

I'm curious. What is his frame score and mature weight? Some have knocked his ww and yw. I think the numbers are fine, but if he was smaller framed, then they would really be fine.

brandonm_13":3k3t0jyc said:
I'm curious. What is his frame score and mature weight? Some have knocked his ww and yw. I think the numbers are fine, but if he was smaller framed, then they would really be fine.

I don't know either numbers for certain, but I estimate his frame at around 5 and his current weight a little below 1600. He had a much smaller frame then any of the other bulls and had a lot of muscle definition. His numbers are nothing fantastic, but the visual package is what sold me. Paid $2600.

You did a good stroke of business young fella lol. The numbers your going to worry about are those 12-15 year old daughters of his that will still be kicking around-he's a cowmaker plain and simple. His sires mother is as good a Hereford cow that walks and has done it out grazing not bellied up to a feeder. He looks to be similar to the frame of my 20P bull-it's funny when the 20P's are born they calve so easy you don't expect much growth but they get right at it. If soundness, longevity and doing ability are worth anything he's just what you need.

Nice bull! I'm also on "tour" to look for the next herdsire. It's hard work and expensive....

I'll be at the sale where this bulls sire and MGS were raised-I do all the sight unseen buying if anybody needs that done. I don't charge-I do it as a favour for the breeders-not afraid to buy a bull for less than I'm given either lol.

Latest posts