New Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Welcome...I like him, would like to see a shot of his Huevos.
Have a Lim heifer with scurs, not as big as his, both parents were polled, go figure.
Dave Mc

Concerning the comment regarding the "apparent" absence of scrotum on this bull - The 'action' of a muscle called the Cremaster is for the purpose of drawing or contracting the testicles upward toward and, at times, partially into the body cavity through the inguinal canal. This action is part of the "Thermo-regulatory System", the purpose of which is to help maintain an optimal temperature of the testicles and thereby the viability of Sperm. The colder the ambiant temperature is - the higher and closer to the body cavity are the testicles. Conversely, the hotter the ambiant temperature is - the lower and farther away from the body cavity the testicles hang - natures Air Conditioning system! If it were cold when the bull's picture was taken, that would explain the location of the scrotum, and against the dark left hind leg it would be difficult to see.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2d3bwvsd said:
Concerning the comment regarding the "apparent" absence of scrotum on this bull - The 'action' of a muscle called the Cremaster is for the purpose of drawing or contracting the testicles upward toward and, at times, partially into the body cavity through the inguinal canal. This action is part of the "Thermo-regulatory System", the purpose of which is to help maintain an optimal temperature of the testicles and thereby the viability of Sperm. The colder the ambiant temperature is - the higher and closer to the body cavity are the testicles. Conversely, the hotter the ambiant temperature is - the lower and farther away from the body cavity the testicles hang - natures Air Conditioning system! If it were cold when the bull's picture was taken, that would explain the location of the scrotum, and against the dark left hind leg it would be difficult to see.

DOC HARRIS

That happens to me sometimes when it's cold out it's awful! :cry:

That lady in Gurley is a close friend of mine. That would be Jamie Elkins ? Right? She and I trade a few head of cattle from time to time. She has quality cattle and shes a great person also. Best of luck again. Im betting you will like the calves. Thanks Bill

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

Latest posts