New Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

elkwc

Reaction score
Bought a Horned Hereford bull yesterday. His dam is direct from Holden's so she is straight L1. He has some L1 and some polled breeding on the sire side. In 2 years I will be able to say how I did. He was used last year as a clean up bull after AI and they retained a semen interest. So not as big as some his age but I felt he was worth taking a chance on. Hopefully he will produce some good black baldies. He covers the bases overall. His actual BW was 85 lb which is about what I look for on a bull to use on mature cows. His BW EPD is 4.9 which scares many but I don't pay much attention to what is on paper so it didn't bother me. Bought him online so no pics. Did look at him in person before the sale.

I'm waiting on the call to go pick mine up when the health papers are in order.

elkwc":1qto55h1 said:
Bought a Horned Hereford bull yesterday. His dam is direct from Holden's so she is straight L1. He has some L1 and some polled breeding on the sire side. In 2 years I will be able to say how I did. He was used last year as a clean up bull after AI and they retained a semen interest. So not as big as some his age but I felt he was worth taking a chance on. Hopefully he will produce some good black baldies. He covers the bases overall. His actual BW was 85 lb which is about what I look for on a bull to use on mature cows. His BW EPD is 4.9 which scares many but I don't pay much attention to what is on paper so it didn't bother me. Bought him online so no pics. Did look at him in person before the sale.
Should say, mine is a Horned Herf to... HH adavance breeding...

u4411clb":3vwt51mc said:
Let's see that bad boy Alacowman. I just picked up a brangus bull a couple weeks ago.
Soon as he slicks off ill get a pic....he looks like a chemo patient right now...you may know the man I got him from...

Yeah think I went to school with that big fella. I have bought cattle from him and his Dad when he was alive. Good cattle very adapted to rescue and this area

u4411clb":1y93vvjg said:
Yeah think I went to school with that big fella. I have bought cattle from him and his Dad when he was alive. Good cattle very adapted to rescue and this area
Actually this is a Debter bull that I bought from him.. a 3 year old He used on some heifers..

On the bottom mine is HH Advance and CL 1 Domino breeding. The HH Advance is Holdens and the CL 1 Domino is the Coopers. They are related and their cattle all go back to L1 cattle from the station.

Latest posts