New Bull Prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

Jessica06

Reaction score
c1b0be37df5a867d3abfafdaf1fef153.jpg

I kinda like him! We're making him a teaser as soon as it starts to cool off.

Lol, if we hadn't already decided to call him Pedro, I'd be tempted to call him Fireman. Except then I'd always be singing George Strait's Fireman song in my head when I see him...that might drive me crazy.

His daddy was a Brangus x Limi/RA and his dam is a purebred Longhorn. We traded my FIL a weaned heifer for him. I really like the color...I think we might always use longhorn crosses. Easy to see across the pasture. Those Jerseys are a little too hot for me to want to mess with!

ricebeltrancher":304khgk1 said:
Lol, if we hadn't already decided to call him Pedro, I'd be tempted to call him Fireman. Except then I'd always be singing George Strait's Fireman song in my head when I see him...that might drive me crazy.

His daddy was a Brangus x Limi/RA and his dam is a purebred Longhorn. We traded my FIL a weaned heifer for him. I really like the color...I think we might always use longhorn crosses. Easy to see across the pasture. Those Jerseys are a little too hot for me to want to mess with!
Man,
I can't wait to see what happens with our black Limi on the Longhorns. I wonder how much the Brangus brought out that thickness in your bull calf.

ricebeltrancher":3dk2dfdc said:

His sire did a very good job to beef up Pedro because I don't see any hints of longhorn in him!

Ask and ye shall receive! This was about 5 years ago. She's much fatter and more impressive now. And snottier. She'd make a good rug, impo. She actually has quite a bit of muscling for a longhorn...maybe i'll have a chance to take some new pictures soon. She does make a pretty good subject.

Image2.jpg

I would think a limi x longhorn would be a pretty nice cross, as long as they don't come out all colored up!

His Mom is beautiful too. Such a sweet face. I love those flowers behind her. A beautiful picture, and it would make a good poster.

I look at your pictures and the clarity of the cattle. Then I realize that Anus do not make the sharp picture that your cattle do. Just on occasion does one come out great.

Lighting makes a huge difference in black cattle, I think. With our Brangus when they are slick and shiny, you have to have the sun at just the right angle or shadows will wreak havoc. I haven't done much with cattle in hair, but all of the pictures that I like seem to be done on really sunny days.

I really like that picture, too. :)

She's a pretty cow. There are a couple of places, within 20 miles of me, that have some Longhorns. I like looking at them when I drive by, very colorful.

I have a soft spot of longhorns and looking forward to seeing more pics of him as he matures.
His mother is a pretty cow.

Latest posts