New breeding season

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have finally finished up the AI sire selection for this breeding season. This time of year is always busy with holidays, then add AI and ET work it is a scheduling marathon. We breed one group tomorrow that we set up on TAI we are not syncing the rest of the cows just pulling them up on natural heats. Bred three today. AI bulls being used this year are:

SAV Renown 3439
Coleman Charlo 0256
Final Answer 0035
SAV Rainfall
Niagara Z29
Hoover Counselor
RB Nemo 716
Bon View Emulation EXT 473 an oldie but a goodie
Anyone have any experience with Hoover Counselor he is the only new bull to the AI line up

I liked Counselor. Haven't used him but decided to use Top Notch instead. Which is out of a full sister to counselor. G366 is probably most famous cow at Hoover.

Interested to hear about the Niagara calves. I wasn't impressed with the first handful I saw a couple years ago, but I've seen some good ones lately. We are using Hoover Dam and CCR Boulder (HD Simangus son) this year. Would like to find another good Hoover Dam son to use in the future.

And even though his carcass numbers aren't great, I just don't think you can go wrong with Charlo. Our daughters are awesome raising their first calves.

I have finally finished up the AI sire selection for this breeding season. This time of year is always busy with holidays, then add AI and ET work it is a scheduling marathon. We breed one group tomorrow that we set up on TAI we are not syncing the rest of the cows just pulling them up on natural heats. Bred three today. AI bulls being used this year are:

SAV Renown 3439
Coleman Charlo 0256
Final Answer 0035
SAV Rainfall
Niagara Z29
Hoover Counselor
RB Nemo 716
Bon View Emulation EXT 473 an oldie but a goodie
Anyone have any experience with Hoover Counselor he is the only new bull to the AI line up
Love the lineup. Some similar to ours. Have you considered adding or subbing in Coleman Bravo?
Our fall and spring list:
SAV Rainfall
SAV Raindance
Musgrave Exclusive
Musgrave Crackerjack
Coleman Bravo
ZWT Summit

Most likely adding SAV Territory to the mix as well

We have a bravo heifer out of a purchased cow she was small at birth but we liked her enough to keep her. I held off on buying Bravo until I saw how the heifer turned out. She made it to breeding age so she must be doing something right, we will be breeding her in the next week or so so time will tell. ZWT Summit is another bull that I like a lot just haven't purchased yet. There are so many bulls that I would like to try but the boss already accused me of having an addiction to semen which just sounds really strange to our non cattle friends lol. I know some folks say Charlo doesn't have enough carcass and some say he is to small but I still say his legacy will be his daughters. They have picture perfect udders muscle and mass, they are fertile and excellent mothers.

Latest posts