New breed

Help Support CattleToday:

:lol: :lol: Now Alan....look what ya started. We still ain't got a name for this new breed. When it comes to being HORNY...well the bull is always ready but the hiefer ain't. Fella can learn a lot from cattle :lol: But the Bull always gets the job done.

Shorthornhorn x Longhorn...all natural grassfed beef. Look better than Red Angus and grde better than Black Angus. :lol:

Since they have the tenderness of a Shorthorn, The leaness of a Longhorn and most are not a solid color, How about
"Roan Tenderlean" I think I will set up a registry and have the first herd of registered Roan Tenderleans. :D

Why not just promote them as the hottest, newest composite or hybrid. "Composite" may still be a buzzword, so people will want to look at them as the next thing to save the family farm.

Until you have your gene pool where you want them, close the herd and start to inbreed/linebreed, you will still just have another herd of crossbred cattle with a fancy marketing name. Until you have a genepool that can produce a uniform calf crop when mated to a group of non-related females and has some degree of propotency (consistantly passing on its genetic traits) for desired traits, you are just in the advertising/marketing game. Some people are very successful at that.
--Julian

karlie45":2vveq9ib said:
Ahh. What a great Idea! I kinda like AverageHorns
But thats just me.
What about Simmental and a Shorthorn breed? We could call them "ShortenTalls"
How about mental-horn :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan, I believe you should just stick to breeding Polled Herefords and leave inventing up to someone else. I am not saying you could do it, but I think you should just keep on breeding Polled Herefords and pay attention more to the Hereford breed.

THG