New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Help Support CattleToday:

Chapin81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
https://youtu.be/7JUtGpANs_s

I like that he isn't all butterball fat. I see so many of those Brahmans that are so obese they cant hardly move. You know darn well they aren't breeding squat in the pasture. I guess all they do is collect semen off them.

That guy looks like he moves good and can get it done.

Good looking cattle. Nice place.

Chapin81 said:
Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.

Warren Allison said:
Chapin81 said:
Hi everyone,

Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.
Good morning warren Allison, cattle are located in Guatemala in the state of El Peten which is where the Mayan city of Tikal is located. We are on the northwest corner near the border of Mexico. I have a manager that lives onsite with his family and yes he was on horseback when he filmed this which was yesterday morning. I actually live in NYC, before covid hit I used to fly down there a few times a year, last time I was there was March 8 which was a few days before they shut down the airports own there . I miss the place and probably won't go back until things go back to normal, only because my wife had covid and she lost her sense of smell since March and hast gotten it back yet. My parents who also live here were really sick as well especially my dad but he made a full recovery.
Btw the bull was purchased from Rancho Siguacan en Sevilla which sells purebreds in Central America.

Chapin81 said:
Warren Allison said:
Chapin81 said:
Hi everyone,

Good morning warren Allison, cattle are located in Guatemala in the state of El Peten which is where the Mayan city of Tikal is located. We are on the northwest corner near the border of Mexico. I have a manager that lives onsite with his family and yes he was on horseback when he filmed this which was yesterday morning. I actually live in NYC, before covid hit I used to fly down there a few times a year, last time I was there was March 8 which was a few days before they shut down the airports own there . I miss the place and probably won't go back until things go back to normal, only because my wife had covid and she lost her sense of smell since March and hast gotten it back yet. My parents who also live here were really sick as well especially my dad but he made a full recovery.
Btw the bull was purchased from Rancho Siguacan en Sevilla which sells purebreds in Central America.

Great looking ranch, Chapin. I envy your manager's job! :) What breed of horses are you using? Are they AQHA? Or some local breed? You raising purebred Brahmans, or one of the South American Brahman bases breeds? I have a ranch I have been following on youtube down in Central America , that is breeding a Brahman/Chianina cross, and those are some impressive cattle too!

Warren Allison said:
Chapin81 said:
Warren Allison said:

Great looking ranch, Chapin. I envy your manager's job! :) What breed of horses are you using? Are they AQHA? Or some local breed? You raising purebred Brahmans, or one of the South American Brahman bases breeds? I have a ranch I have been following on youtube down in Central America , that is breeding a Brahman/Chianina cross, and those are some impressive cattle too!
I envy his job as well. I sure wouldn't mind making my rounds everyday on horseback. It sure as heck beats sitting in nyc traffic and inhaling all those fumes. lol. We use local breed horses nothing fancy. They get the job done. A terrain like this is a bit rough on them, there's always that chance of snake bites as well. So far We have lost one horse to a snake bite and 5 cows as well(close to 14 years altogether). As far as cattle goes we first started with commercial zebu cattle and a registered brahman. Over the years we screwed up and purchased cheap commercial bulls we didn't know their background EPD's things of that sort for all we know they were probably related to our herd, due to that unfortunate mistake Every year our calf's looked like crap. Not kidding! Very sad but true. But to answer your question I have started buying Better bulls and hope to someday be a very good breeder.

Just curious...I noticed the halter on the bull? Is this something that is common down there? Leaving a bull haltered in a pasture? Or is this just done on your ranch? Or was it something they do at the ranch where he came from? How many head are you running? How many acres is your ranch? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am intrigued by the place! :)

Latest posts