New Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought a pair of the Danner Pronghorn boots, Bass Pro had the discontinued models on a big enough sale to make me bite. Wore them around the house for 15 minutes one night and they were the most comfortable new boots I've ever had on. Decided to wear them out the first time this afternoon when I walked the border of the mountain land my parents own checking Posted signs, very steep up and down. Blisters the size of quarters. Moral of the story, never walk 3 hours up and down a mountain in new boots.

Just bought a new pair of Ariat oil finish work boots. The tops are so rough and hard on my shins that I am now the proud owner of 6 pairs of TUBE SOCKS, which I hate.
However it's hard to be a slave to fashion when there is blood running down the front of your shins :dunce:

My next move is to take a hammer and beat the tops into a much softer leather or whatever they are made of.

cfpinz":d4wa9wlw said:
Blisters the size of quarters. Moral of the story, never walk 3 hours up and down a mountain in new boots.
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's some kind of new band-aids out now that are made for blisters and such, real thick and supposed to stay stuck on for a week or so. Best new product I've seen in a while.

cfpinz":3pzi39kj said:
There's some kind of new band-aids out now that are made for blisters and such, real thick and supposed to stay stuck on for a week or so. Best new product I've seen in a while.

Maybe try it like this fella sometime :secret: see if that product works for ya....... :D

MistyMorning":3c26lt6h said:
cfpinz":3c26lt6h said:

Maybe try it like this fella sometime :secret: see if that product works for ya....... :D

If my right foot wasn't 1200 miles from your ass right now, I'd let you try those boots on for size. Leon.

cfpinz":1s21k8cw said:
MistyMorning":1s21k8cw said:
cfpinz":1s21k8cw said:

If my right foot wasn't 1200 miles from your ass right now, I'd let you try those boots on for size. Leon.

ROFLMAOOOOOOO.....what was the song?? "These boots are made for walking". Go get'er pinz.

cfpinz":1e0uamku said:
MistyMorning":1e0uamku said:
cfpinz":1e0uamku said:

Dear Leon, I don't need no stinking 1200 mile head start. :D

Better watch it. She's getting riled up. You could end up with a piece of Lefsa across yo chops. :lol2:

cfpinz":updeybre said:

Duck tape works pretty well too ,especially if you need a really snug fit. I used to use it all the time when breaking new runners in while cross-training ,going up and down steep land is hard on your feet even in old, broke-in shoes but it sure is h@ll on your feet in brand new ones.

hillsdown":3cl7c842 said:
cfpinz":3cl7c842 said:

Duck tape works pretty well too ,especially if you need a really snug fit. I used to use it all the time when breaking new runners in while cross-training ,going up and down steep land is hard on your feet even in old, broke-in shoes but it sure is h@ll on your feet in brand new ones.

Tried that on my shins.....................really bad idea :help: :shock:

I was asked to visit a high school's outdoor classroom for work, and I have this pair of really sassy red boots I like to wear for work. So I'm dressed all cute, trucking toward the school thinking I'm going to a little patch of veggie garden, a little patch of flower garden, and a memorial bench or swing.
Wrong.
2 1/2 miles of walking trail and other detours through 27 acres of woods, including climbing up and down creek banks on the places where they were planning creek access points for aquatic studies. I was amazed at their project, but I should've chosen some other footwear. Worst blisters of my life.

I just re read my post and I am laughing my @ss off at the way I spelled duct tape ...... :lol2: :p What a dummy, "duck tape" .. Well I suppose you could use it on ducks .. :help: :oops:

hillsdown":2k4uoozx said:
I just re read my post and I am laughing my @ss off at the way I spelled duct tape ...... :lol2: :p What a dummy, "duck tape" .. Well I suppose you could use it on ducks .. :help: :oops:

Heck HD you just fit in around here. This is the misspelling capital of the free world. :nod:

3waycross":29rw196m said:
Better watch it. She's getting riled up. You could end up with a piece of Lefsa across yo chops. :lol2:

Coming from her, I'd be more afraid of some lutefisk winding up on my plate! I've seen the pics of what it did to angrie!

hillsdown":15x4pk21 said:
cfpinz":15x4pk21 said:

Poor ducks!

Do you use the "duck" tape as preventative measures or do you apply it over a bandage after the fact?