New Biodefense lab site

Help Support CattleToday:

I thought this was going in Iowa.
I'm going searching for some posts by a lady who makes a very convincing argument against moving this lab to the heartland. I think it needs to stay on Plum Island.

It will be a huge boost to the local economy in Manhattan, KS. I would like to think the technologies we have in place today are much better as far as containing the virus than what we had when the facility on Plum Island was built. Even so, I still think it is somewhat silly to move a potentially disastorous thing like FMD right to the heartland where most of the livestock are.

Isn't the CDClab in Atlanta where they house some of the most dangerous organisms known to man?

bandit80":29yoogo7 said:
It will be a huge boost to the local economy in Manhattan, KS. I would like to think the technologies we have in place today are much better as far as containing the virus than what we had when the facility on Plum Island was built. Even so, I still think it is somewhat silly to move a potentially disastorous thing like FMD right to the heartland where most of the livestock are.

Isn't the CDClab in Atlanta where they house some of the most dangerous organisms known to man?

Well, yes. But in GA, how would you ever determine something had got loose.

john250":2qwl8q3r said:
bandit80":2qwl8q3r said:

Well, yes. But in GA, how would you ever determine something had got loose.

Gee thanks for the compliment! If you think about it, its pretty dang scary. Just think; government, ebola zaire, yersinia pestis, affirmative action, government bid process all under one roof. :shock: Gives me the nightmares.

They probaby want the complex centrally located so missiles on all sides can fire instead of missiles from one or two directions like on Plum Island.

Latest posts