new beefmaster calf

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i had a new beefmaster bull calf today.its a red star faced bull.an tommy girls 3 rd bull calf in a row.an i was wanting a heifer calf from her real bad.she has already produced 2 herd bull prospects.so im thinking this will be her 3rd prospect.its her 1st calf out of my herd bull simba.

Ryan

Reaction score
Seems like every time we do an "experimental" breeding hoping for a heifer, we end up with a bull calf. Or when we really want a heifer from our best cow(s), of course we get bulls. If she can raise a herd sire quality bull each year that is very commendable. I believe it is much tougher to raise herd-sire-quality bulls than replacement quality females.

Here's to hoping you get that heifer next year. :tiphat:

Ryan

OP
B

bigbull338

Reaction score
ryan im already bull poor.i have this baby bull calves 2 1/2 bros now.plus another 1/2 bro to him thats about 5 months old.an he is nice an big.

Ryan

Reaction score
I know what you mean about being bull poor. We've got 8 2008-born bulls on feed right (ages range from March to Sept) and one more of ours is being shown by an FFA program. I just hate to send them across the scales when I know they can help so many herds. I know 1 of them is leaving on Sunday, and possibly 2 more here in the not so distant future. Plus, 3 of the 7 calves on the ground right now are bulls. Of course 2 of them are out of our two of our top end cows, and the other is out of a first calf heifer that is very interesting.

Ryan

DavisBeefmasters

Reaction score
C'mon now... pictures? even one? Beefmaster calves don't stay small for long - so you need to take pictures quickly ;-)

Latest posts