New baby Heifer #2

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
Born about 3 days ago...ANY NAME IDEAS FOR THE 2 HEIFER BABIES???

Simm X Simbrah

Cows044.jpg

That's her bff next to her...
Cows043.jpg

Baldie Maker":1nhdjqk4 said:
Who is the sire of those 2 calves?

Our bull...he really isn't much anymore as he is getting up in years (10 yrs old) but he still gets the job done...

july_012.jpg

do you select for grays? is the bull black or gray? do you get a lot of rattails?

Dixieangus":1pvh63td said:
What breed or cross is the bull looks Angus x Hereford

He is a Simmental. not a cross

Beefy":1pvh63td said:
do you select for grays? is the bull black or gray? do you get a lot of rattails?

No we don't select for greys...he is black...very dark....we have only had 1 rattail...and that was from a previous bull, not this one

what percentage are your simbrah cows? 3/8 brah and 5/8 sim? Do they last along time? don't know much of them being from kentucky.

well...I'm only 15 yrs old so I haven't really had time to say if they "last" a long time....this particular cow is from a simmbrah dam and a full blood simm sire - just got the news that we have another bull calf...I'll be sure to get pics tomorrow

K2011":3fkuu0l3 said:
Dixieangus":3fkuu0l3 said:
What breed or cross is the bull looks Angus x Hereford

He is a Simmental. not a cross

Beefy":3fkuu0l3 said:

No we don't select for greys...he is black...very dark....we have only had 1 rattail...and that was from a previous bull, not this one
i had a homozygous black simm, bull. gave me consistant black calve's . but throw a angus in with your cont, cross's and you will get some grays and rats..i wouldnt name em, id number em, and through a good bull in with em next year..

We're planning on using our red bull on them, if they "make the cut"...not the best pic of the bull...wish I had taken it in color too...
Rocky.jpg

Latest posts