new arrival

Help Support CattleToday:

WisRose

Reaction score
I can finally sleep through the night tonight! This little bull calf arrived at 2:45 p.m. (thankfully during the day)! His sire is CS Boomer 29F. He was up and nursing right away.
DSCF0007.jpg

We usually calve in April or May, but this is one of the bred heifers we bought this fall. Next calf is due in April.

Congratulations this is a nice bull calf and mother. Hope you will have many more like them in the near future.
Swiss Cowboy :cboy:

29F throws some deciect calves. Little fine boned for my taste, but sound and free moving. If I had to use a Boomer, my choice would be the old man, 46B.

Glad the calf is doing well Wisrose!!! Enjoy a good night's rest...wish I could

Thanks :D ! I had no clue who CS Boomer was until I bought this heifer. That's what she was bred to when I bought her. I'm not into registering my cattle, as a matter of fact we only have two registered herefords. I see that the certificate to register this little guy is $100, think we will pass on that! The little guy (no name yet) seems to be doing good yet. I didn't sleep well last night for worrying about how he would surrvive the cold night. They are in a pen in the pole shed out of the wind so he should be ok. Still worry though. Today while he was trying to run around the pen he seemed to cough a little hope that's normal, now I will worry about that!!! It's going to be in the single digits at night this weekend hope he handles that. This is why we like to calve in May.
franseen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WisRose where in central WI are you at. I am near Marshfield. Nice picture.
We live in Iola which is 20 miles East of Steven Point, not too far from you.

Latest posts