New Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Please forgive the ratty looking RA cows in the background. I bought them cheap. They've been wormed and I'm trying to get them back in condition. Probably sell them this fall as 2nd stage and replace with registered cows or heifers.

Thank you. I had a post about Oak Hollow earlier this year. Got some very good reports on them. They're known for consistent maternal genetics with tight calving windows and low supplementation. He's been on dry hay and 12# of 1/2 soy hull pellet and 1/2 of their developer ration which is no more than 20% corn. No silage. I won't buy another silage fed bull but that's another story. I was told to turn him out on grass alone but I'm giving him and the two cows some feed to get him used to me. I want him to like seeing me. I'm pretty excited to see what he brings to the table.

He looks good to me. I saw 3 of his sale mates the other week down here at a neighbors and they were nice looking bulls too. I'll use mine again in a week or so from now. He is 6 YO and doing fine. I like the looks of the calves by him in this year's crop.

Latest posts