New ai Tank

Help Support CattleToday:

BryanM

Reaction score
I bought a new ai tank this year and its a 20 week tank. But is being filled six times a year? Is that normal? What should be the depth min and max of nitrogen? where do you get your tanks filled? What is a normal cost?

I have a Taylor Wharton and I think mines a 20 wk tank also. I have mine filled about every 12 weeks, cost me $40 each time. My tank will normally drop to about 22 cm of nitrogen between fills.

I like mine to be about 3 inches at the lowest but it would probably be safe lower. The ABS guy comes around a couple of times a year to fill mine, 25 bucks a wack. Why is it being filled that often, a route guy doing it? After it's filled the next time I would measure it then when it's getting ready to be filled the next time I would meausre it. That should give you an idea of he frequency required

Not normal, mine is filled every 90 days could easily go 120 but the route is 90 and I'm good with that $30 a trip.
If someone is filling it and charging full price each time there doing ok, not using much nitrogen to refill that often

The person filling it is a well known semen company. charges $50 and says he will fill it 6 times a year.

Seems like around here is every 90-100 days whenever they make there rounds and it's 30-40 dollars a fill up depends who does it. 6 times for 50 a pop is real high imo I would find me another source

Hogtiming":371jntuq said:
Seems like around here is every 90-100 days whenever they make there rounds and it's 30-40 dollars a fill up depends who does it. 6 times for 50 a pop is real high imo I would find me another source
I would sure find another source.

How much liquid nitrogen is in a full tank? I am talking inches and the tank is a xc-20. So if I decide to find my own source I can fill my tank to so many inches and be safe for the 20 week period

Mine is the MVE 20/20.  Select Sires services mine 4 times a year.  $30.

At full, it is about 14 inches.  It goes to about 5 to 6 inches between fills.

The easiest way would be to measure inside from the bottom to the top of the neck then subtract the length of the stopper. That would be the most that it could possibly hold. Use a piece of 1/4 inch wooden dowel to measure it.

BryanM":2i0n2z9o said:
How much liquid nitrogen is in a full tank? I am talking inches and the tank is a xc-20. So if I decide to find my own source I can fill my tank to so many inches and be safe for the 20 week period

My XC20 holds around 40-45 centimeters when full, so roughly 17 inches

BryanM":3ecze7lf said:

I would hazard a guess and say your xc-20 tank would hold 20litres.

Ken

20/20 is just that 20 liters 20 weeks. But I wouldn't even try and go 20 weeks that means dry, to much invested for that, mine will go 16 easy but its filled at 12.

Latest posts