new 8n ford?

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer":9be36lkh said:
Anyone see the new boomer that suppose to look like a vintage 8n? I think new holland makes it.

It was on an open house flyer from one of the local NH dealers, pretty neat looking. I bet NH will make a mint selling those things.

That's just what's needed. A 6 volt electrical system and no hydraulic take off so you need a separate pump to run a loader.

Saw a add on one of them 50 hp and four wheel drive. Can get them with all the bells and whistles chrome exhast pipe and chrome diamond plate floor boards.

dun":3w3os57h said:
That's just what's needed. A 6 volt electrical system and no hydraulic take off so you need a separate pump to run a loader.

lol Just what I was thinking. I dunno what the love affair is with 8N Fords. When I see an 8N, I see hard starting, armstrong steering, tow ropes, a jumpy clutch, and LEAKS. :lol2: :lol2:

Gimme a 1540 Massey with cab, AC and a radio any day...

Rod

The neighbor and I got something in the mail about them.He thought they looked neat,I just think they look stupid.I guess there is an a$$ for every seat.

I have an NAA (1953) and it is light years ahead of the 8N or even 9N. The 8N has a flathead four cylinder engine that produces at most 20 -25 hp, maybe someone can look up the exact numbers.

Putting a loader on the front end of an 8N would be suicidal. The center pivot on the front axel is weak to begin with and any extra load would cause it to wear and break.

The PTO is NOT a "live" type meaning that you have to clutch it. This may not seem like a big deal until you're pulling a brush hog in tight places and you need to shutdown or steer around something in a hurry. Pushing in on the clutch will do nothing for you because the momentum of the mower keeps you going and you WILL climb a tree with the tractor. You can get an over running clutch that is attached externally between the PTO output shaft and the mower.

6 volt system. Hard starting is a given.

If NH produces this retro tractor I would guess they would address these issues. It would make a great lawn mower if they fixed the above mentioned items.

Don't know anything about the tractor other than the picture on my flyer, but I'd bet it's just a standard modern compact tractor covered in sheet metal that resemebles and old 8n. May not be the most practical or logical idea but I bet they will do well. Every 10 acre suburban rancher with "fond memories" of Dad's or Grampa's old 8n will want one.

8N-1.jpg

Key features:
• Distinctive styling including a red chassis, gray hood and fenders - the same timeless look of the original 8N
• The EasyDrive™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) operates like an automatic transmission with speed progressions that are seamless and smooth.
• The Boomer 8N can be customized with chrome accessories, canopies, decals and more
• 50 horsepower engine with a 2,800 pound, 3-point lift capacity

Latest posts