Never too old to learn

Help Support CattleToday:

msplmtneer":1f2t3itb said:
Sky ask your instructor about 6G then you only need to do one test.
How do they test?
We had to cut four test pieces out then grind them smooth and then bend test them two root and two cap.

I will ask about all that this weekend. I do know they xray the welds and may bend it.

dieselbeef":1f2t3itb said:
why are you testing if its for home? just learn the technique and move on to what ya need to know

Its a part of the course I paid for they give you the test as a part of your tuition. I am actually glad they do test you so I know I truly learned and am doing everything correctly.

Still practicing been working on vertical welding that's no joke

IMG_20170401_104254085_zpskzvslgsr.jpg

Looks like you are learning plenty! A couple years ago, I had the bright idea that I needed to step up my welding game a little, so I dove in to an aluminum boat building project. I'm talking start to finish kind of project. MIG, TIG, overhead, vertical, fillet, etc, etc. I'm lucky to have a good buddy that is a welder in the aerospace field, and he helped my technique quite a bit, but I can see where being immersed in it at school would be a better way to learn. I cost myself a few dollars along the way with the mistakes I made.

FFS, looks like you enjoy a challenge. I've got a Perkins 4108 that you could fit in there! Nice looking craft. That not only takes skill and the right tools, it takes patience.

Farm Fence Solutions":27c16lj6 said:
Looks like you are learning plenty! A couple years ago, I had the bright idea that I needed to step up my welding game a little, so I dove in to an aluminum boat building project. I'm talking start to finish kind of project. MIG, TIG, overhead, vertical, fillet, etc, etc. I'm lucky to have a good buddy that is a welder in the aerospace field, and he helped my technique quite a bit, but I can see where being immersed in it at school would be a better way to learn. I cost myself a few dollars along the way with the mistakes I made.

FFS very nice... If you want to build another but this one for me ill buy the supplies :D

Well I got my results back and I am now certified .. I have to pick up my xrays and paperwork. I gotta admit I loved that school ... So much I am going to go back and become Mig certified or tig certified or maybe both.. I may do a pipe welding cert.