Never to old to have fun and

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
start trouble. Bought a laser light for my rifle and stepped out on the porch just at sundown to try it out.
Shined it out in the pasture where the cattle were and started flashing it around on the tall grass in front of the cattle.
Now this I a lot of fun with cats but not the same with cattle. Had over 75 head of cattle in a full stamped in about 10 seconds. Glad they only run about a half mile. After that they would have run out of pasture.
Rekon they didn't like that green light bouncing around.

I think the lasers are great, I have one on my 22 which I take around with me, the dogs will often come across a pig and the bigger ones they don't grab hold of but will bale them up. With the laser on the rifle I can head shoot the pig holding the rifle from the hip allowing me to see where the dogs are as opposed to the narrow vision I have when aiming down the scope.

Haven't tried flashing it around the cows though.

Ken

Kingfisher":2zdrvb5g said:
I saw a coffee cup last weekend " your never too old to do something stupid". You need one? :)

Yes sir I think it would be fitting.

wbvs58 said:
I think the lasers are great, I have one on my 22 which I take around with me, the dogs will often come across a pig and the bigger ones they don't grab hold of but will bale them up. With the laser on the rifle I can head shoot the pig holding the rifle from the hip allowing me to see where the dogs are as opposed to the narrow vision I have when aiming down the scope.

Haven't tried flashing it around the cows though.

Ken[/

I shot four hogs out of a pack one evening with a laser on my sks

Cows probably thought it was them Martians again coming to get one of them and they weren't having none of it.

I experimented with different lenses on my headlight for a while to see if I could see the chalk on their tailheads better in the dimly lit barns. I learned that some colors don't works so well due to logistic reasons when the power goes out and that's the only light they can see... I finally stuck with plain old light.

Latest posts