Never Thought I'd See The Day Again

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Yep, today the gas prices finally went below $2.00 per gallon here in Houston. Well, most places are still a little over $2.00, but a few hit $1.99 today. The price has dropped $1.00 in just under 2 months (since Hurricane Rita when they were at $3.00). I never thought I would be excited to see gas at $1.99 per gallon. Filled up the car today for $18.00 (tiny little car, its what I usually drive), then the truck for just over $40.00. Lets keep the prices falling. Not very likely, but we can all hope. Maybe then I can afford to get a truck of my own.

That's what the oil companies want,the American people happy with fuel prices just under $2.00 a gallon. They want us to think we are getting a fair deal after the high price scare. I say BULLPUCKY :mad: The farmers and truckers are making up for the gasoline prices with the high cost of diesel. Tell me how that's good :?: NUFF SAID

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2bxy7xwy said:
That's what the oil companies want,the American people happy with fuel prices just under $2.00 a gallon. They want us to think we are getting a fair deal after the high price scare. I say BULLPUCKY :mad: The farmers and truckers are making up for the gasoline prices with the high cost of diesel. Tell me how that's good :?: NUFF SAID

MPR.....what is diesel running a gal down there?

MPR ....We are paying about 80 cents a litre for farm diesel Approx 3.60 a gal . reg gas is about 93 cents a litre (4.20 a gal )

I wonder if this price drop has anything to do with the release of the reports saying that the oil companies (specifically Shell) made $9.9 billion last year, more profit than any company has ever made in one year. Or that Chevron is making $74,000 every minute? I think that may have had an impact on gas prices.

$1.90 a gallon in Seneca MO. Diesel is still around 2.60 can not figure out why Diesel has not been dropping like gas, Usually they stay pretty close to each other. This is first time I remember with such a gap.

I just got back from Ft Worth and I paid anywhere from $2.39 to $2.79 a gallon for diesel. I was really excited to find it for $2.31 in Memphis when I was coming back home. It needs to be back to about $1.49 a gallon......

I know we are not supposed to talk politics on here but here goes: The entire time prices were up all you heard was "cause we got us a oilman in tha whitehouse" but now that prices have dropped off some you hear nothing, not in the media(no supprise there) or even here. What gives? I know most will say he had nothing to do with prices dropping but I'm ot sure he had much if any to do with them rising. Just my observation, probably stepped in it again HUH? ;-)

Latest posts