Never seen this happen before

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Helped the neighbours preg test today. Somehow two cows managed to hook their tail switches together, and somehow I managed to get a picture of it. I was sure someone was going to lose a tail they were pulling so hard. But finally one cow backed up and some slack was achieved which allowed the knot to slip.
827D7324-EDAD-41C6-BA1B-10D787B44CE3.jpeg

I've seen a couple get tail hung up on a barbed wire fence and even one get it hung up on the 3 pt of a tractor so bad I had to do some haircutin but never saw 2 get locked together like that.

I've found a almost dried up deer carcass twixt the top and next to top strand once. He/she probably didn't die quick or painless.........
I found this in my field... took me a long time to figure out what he died of.. didn't hear any shots..., kinda unlikely an injured deer would go out in the middle of a field to die
1664855679369.png
1664855753054.png

I think I figured it out though.. Dumbarse was on his hind legs to get more (small) apples off our tree you can see in the background right side... Bet one went down the wrong hole.. that's about stumbling distance! It's happened to enough cows!

Latest posts