NEVADA GINA HAS A NEW STORY/UPDATE RE STARVING CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada Gina

Reaction score
Well Im back with a little more info regarding the cattle that I feared would starve. Seven cattle wandered back into the area that is barron so the (owners?/caretakers?) of the cattle came out and tried to herd them back onto the 40 acre parcel. Well they ended up herding a yearling into the creek. I watched in disbelief as 4 people tried to pull the cow out of the creek by hand!!! (while the horses were standing close by). They took off the bridle and whipped the cow trying to make him get up out of the creek and it couldnt do it. I yelled at them and asked if they needed a rope...they said yes...I gave them two huge tow straps to pull the cow out. The man attached the tow strap to the saddle and tried to pull on the cow with the nose of the horse facing away from the cow...so you know what happened next right?....the saddle slid down around the flank of the horse, the horse reared, bucked, kicked, fell down, ANNNND fell into the same creek. They all stood around not knowing what to do...the horse was able to get himself out but the cow (already weakened from previous starvation) is STILL in the creek...its been over an hour now...its SUNDAY...and everyone just left ...no four wheelers...no tractor...no nothing...it appears they are leaving the cow there to freeze... Im not kidding...I know quite a few people on this board thinks Im "fishy" but this time I took pictures...I zoomed my digital as close as I could but you can see the black cow stuck in the creek.

Do you have a tractor with 4 wheel drive? Do you have a horse? Did you get the straps back from the horsemen?

No I dont have a tractor...I do have a AWD Pontiac Vibe...no I have no horse...just one dog and 1 cat....I did what I could do by offerring tow straps to help get the critter outa the water. Its getting dark...it getting hard to see but he still has his head above water. I called a neighbor of mine who has a tractor but they arent home. :cry2:

HerefordSire":1kqfkobn said:
Do you have a tractor with 4 wheel drive? Do you have a horse? Did you get the straps back from the horsemen?
Im pretty sure this cow is gonna die...its been in the icy water waaay too long...its sad...I know things like this happen ...its just part of ranching. I guess the reason I came back on this board was just to demonstrate Im not full of it. But it really doesnt matter now does it?

HerefordSire":2vnso0n1 said:
...and tow straps?

No they didnt give them back yet...I just checked out my picture window and there is a tractor out there and two men...maybe they will get him out of the water in time but I doubt it....If/When they get him outa the water Ill give you an update...be right back

What I was going to say about the tow straps....

Since they didn't give them back to you, they had an intention to return. If they did give them back to you, you would have had a chance to communicate with them before they left. The owner probably got wind of your conversation the other day with the sheriff. While he\her or his\her manager is there, try grabbing a phone number just in case.

Are you a single lady living in the country by yourself? Have a gun?

HerefordSire":sto32j9j said:

Since they didn't give them back to you, they had an intention to return. If they did give them back to you, you would have had a chance to communicate with them before they left. The owner probably got wind of your conversation the other day with the sheriff. While he\her or his\her manager is there, try grabbing a phone number just in case.

I just figured they are preoccupied with trying to get the cow out is why my straps werent a priority to them at the moment...and no Im not single...but my husband is gone appx 15 hours at the gold mine when he is on shift...and yes...I own a few guns and Im a deadeye....update on the cow..they got him out...it was laying on the ground and they were pushing and shoving on him... Im assuming trying to get him to stand but it didnt work...so the cow must still be alive...they strapped him to the bucket of the tractor and hauled him away so I guess maybe Ill learn the outcome when I get my straps back....if I get them back....have a nice evening all.

That sounds very much like a show cattle outfit --- 40 acre parcel and no hay on hand except to show cattle

talk about starving cattle tho -- it is usually the wealthy crowd that does the worst job on earth with their cattle. I did some consulting work on a 18,000 acre mess down in Florida back in the Spring-- they had an accountant running the ranch and some guy from South Dakota that had raised a few goats...... was pretty bad ---all in all > they had 9000 broodcows with about 30% being some BCS 3 cows. another bad thing is that most of their land had a pH in the low 4's and muck land that leached badly and the irrigated it with brackish water-- what a nightmare this place was-- and to think that the owner of this mess owned one of the biggest pest control outfits in the USA..... Multi- billionaire with starving cattle ---- I knew something had to be wrong when I first arrived to find an automatic gate locked with a call box and a 30 minute wait to get in this rat hole.

It is rampant all over this country from FL to VA to Or--- this gives the peta crowd lots of fuel to put a bad perspective in the consumers minds --- makes me sick

T

Sounds like the bull/heifer got stuck in the mud. I have had several get bogged down similarly. It is not uncommon for them to die after this stress happens even if they are pulled immediately out. I have had some also make it. I figure it breeds survival of the fittest for the dead ones can't reproduce, if they are breeding animals. The owner or manager will probably have to terminate the one you witnessed.

In a creative tone, there may be an opportunity for someone to make some change and manage the herd while they are out there.

For those who doubted Gina, said she was spewing BS, etc., how would you like your New Year crow? Barbecued, fried, or skewered like you did Gina? Apologies?

Roadapple":3ahx0nrw said:
For those who doubted Gina, said she was spewing BS, etc., how would you like your New Year crow? Barbecued, fried, or skewered like you did Gina? Apologies?
I never doubted her and yes there are some doubting Thomas' and Thomasina's very quick to judge and when wrong about something most as you can see dont have the decency or the will to stand up like a grown man or woman and admit it -- course we do have some youngsters here --- this virtue is one that not many have in this world anymore -- I could name at least 5 that owe an apology cant you?

T

Roadapple":1cf5l2mb said:

Good post. It seems it is better to give a human being the benefit of a doubt as doubting is natural and healhty. Honest tackling in football is OK but piling on is a five yard penalty. In the real world, the five yard penalties, if not addressed early on, can blossom in to larger penalties later on in life. Therefore, an apology, while reasonably available, is an easy way to unload futuristic heavy shoulder bricks. Nature has its own way of correcting these issues. However, the pain of the issuer is usually deferred and compounded relative to time.

Nevada Gina":1wspp2g8 said:
HerefordSire":1wspp2g8 said:

I just figured they are preoccupied with trying to get the cow out is why my straps werent a priority to them at the moment...and no Im not single...but my husband is gone appx 15 hours at the gold mine when he is on shift...and yes...I own a few guns and Im a deadeye....update on the cow..they got him out...it was laying on the ground and they were pushing and shoving on him... Im assuming trying to get him to stand but it didnt work...so the cow must still be alive...they strapped him to the bucket of the tractor and hauled him away so I guess maybe Ill learn the outcome when I get my straps back....if I get them back....have a nice evening all.

It's a shame you couldn't have taken a few pics of all that . Oh yeah, I think you need to set the date on your camera, looks like to me it says 2004 ;-) .

Larry

Well better late than never, I am glad they got the steer out and hope it is recovering from its ordeal. Don't worry about your straps Nevada remember no good deed goes unpunished so you may not see them again.. :p

I am guilty of taking pictures with the wrong date, it is a pain to reset every time you change batteries.. ;-)

hillsdown":35ye5zl2 said:
Well better late than never, I am glad they got the steer out and hope it is recovering from its ordeal. Don't worry about your straps Nevada remember no good deed goes unpunished so you may not see them again.. :p

I am guilty of taking pictures with the wrong date, it is a pain to reset every time you change batteries.. ;-)
come on HD is it a pain or do you just have problems figuring it out from that brain freeze :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts