Net Worth X Coleman Charlo

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Just picked up a Net Worth daughter she is about 1600 pounds. She is currently bred to Whitlock. Once she calves I was thinking of breeding her to Coleman Charlo. Anyone else have any suggestions? Her AAA#18101358.

I know nothing about Whitlock. Any opionins? What would Musgrave Exclusive bring to the table ? Also not familiar with him. This cow has a heifer by Whitlock aaa# 19175279

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Good looking cow.

Thanks. I finally got rid of my hay eating commercial cows and am going to replace them as I find all registered AI cows.

I second the Musgrave Exclusive option. He's one of the most impressive specimens I have seen recently. Pending on how our raindance calves turn out, exclusive is probably going to be what we use to cover our AI cows this spring

Stanford777 said:
I second the Musgrave Exclusive option. He's one of the most impressive specimens I have seen recently. Pending on how our raindance calves turn out, exclusive is probably going to be what we use to cover our AI cows this spring

My goal is as much muscle as possible.

Would love to see the end result to that breeding. I'd bet that'll be a thick rascal...probably hotter than a $2 pistol too, but maybe you'll get lucky if your cow is pretty calm. Most of the NW's I've seen are barn burners in tight quarters. The Charlo's I've seen have been a tick nervous, but MOST of them are pretty calm. I still would LOVE to see the result of NW and Charlo. I believe you'll bet the muscle you are looking for! Good luck!

I'd breed her back to a SAV Bull. Just saw pics of SAV America calves and wowser. They're kick butt calves.

holm25 said:
I'd breed her back to a SAV Bull. Just saw pics of SAV America calves and wowser. They're kick butt calves.

Where did you see the America Calves at ?

plumber_greg said:
Thought it was too early for him to have calves on the ground

No sir. Charles W Herbster himself called me two weeks ago and told me about the America calves they had on the ground and he loved them. Saw pictures that Kelly posted on Instagram and there is no lying that he is siring calves that have the look.

holm25 said:
plumber_greg said:
Thought it was too early for him to have calves on the ground

No sir. Charles W Herbster himself called me two weeks ago and told me about the America calves they had on the ground and he loved them. Saw pictures that Kelly posted on Instagram and there is no lying that he is siring calves that have the look.

I love Charles but he may not be the most objective opinion given his financial interest in the gig. He is one hell of a salesman though! Can you please send a link to the pictures?

Richnm said:
Just picked up a Net Worth daughter she is about 1600 pounds. She is currently bred to Whitlock. Once she calves I was thinking of breeding her to Coleman Charlo. Anyone else have any suggestions? Her AAA#18101358.

nice cow but that cross sounds more like raising Mexican fighting bulls than production cattle. I've had net worth, 004, Lucy's boys and others over the years. I'm done with man killers. Gets old fast. Ive heard Charlo is worse bull in barn to get collected for docility.

Till-Hill said:
Richnm said:

nice cow but that cross sounds more like raising Mexican fighting bulls than production cattle. I've had net worth, 004, Lucy's boys and others over the years. I'm done with man killers. Gets old fast. Ive heard Charlo is worse bull in barn to get collected for docility.

I can't think of a better combo for muscle than NW x Charlo. I don't think anyone around me has that combo. I have a shovel that will teach him/her not to act up.

Till-Hill said:
Richnm said:

We never had any Net Worth cattle, but we have a lot of Charlo cattle. We've never had a problem with any of them. In fact, most of ours are very easy going and some of the most Docile of all our cows.
Helped a Charlo heifer calve without putting her in the head catch this spring. He might be hotter himself, but his progeny sure aren't here.

LCBulls said:
Till-Hill said:
Richnm said:

We never had any Net Worth cattle, but we have a lot of Charlo cattle. We've never had a problem with any of them. In fact, most of ours are very easy going and some of the most Docile of all our cows.
Helped a Charlo heifer calve without putting her in the head catch this spring. He might be hotter himself, but his progeny sure aren't here.

True. My most docile bull/cow is a +7 on docility out of a Rampage Daughter. He is such a pet I was going to keep him.

Update. She is ok tempered around me but very aggressive towards the other cows she started chasing my heifers and cows away from the feeder and knocked a heifer down to the ground. I pened her up maybe she will cool down ?

SAV Rainfall is an excellent choice. Also SAV Supercharger. I have two Net Worth X Charlo heifers that are a year old. They are awesome!

Latest posts