Nesi - Welding rod value

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Open to anyone who would know. Made a good find at the dump - cache of new rods - but types I've never used or priced

UTP 309L-16
E308L-16
676 Tungsten

First two bunches are about 5 lbs and the tungsten is 10 lbs. The E308L-16 is brand new, stilled sealed in plastic.

What are they worth retail? Can I ask $100 CDN for all and get a quick sale? Or worth more?

Aaron, the first two are stainless steel rods of some alloy. The coating (flux) on welding rods must stay dry in order for them to work properly. Maybe why they were thrown away in the first place. You might be able to put them in a hot box to dry them out and still use them. All of the rods you have listed are very expensive to buy. Good luck.

best is to google them, or talk to a shop that sells them.. I pay about $70 for Arctec 220XC, so the whole bunch of specialty rods could be worth a lot more TO THE RIGHT person.. Not many people stick weld stainless these days though, though that depends a little on the size of the rods.
I have a whole whack of odd-ball rods.. One is an aluminum/bronze rod.. really weird one

I have a Miller AEAD 200LE and it weld SS rods quite well. I bought a welder from a guy who contracted for the RR and he gave me about 100# of rod. A lot of it was SS 1/8". Works especially good for any area that has wear areas.

You can make a good storage area out of an old refrigerator and a light bulb!

D2Cat":dr7ztwsh said:
I have a Miller AEAD 200LE and it weld SS rods quite well. I bought a welder from a guy who contracted for the RR and he gave me about 100# of rod. A lot of it was SS 1/8". Works especially good for any area that has wear areas.

You can make a good storage area out of an old refrigerator and a light bulb!

Just bought AEAD 200LE. It's old but runs good and welds good. Good to know it welds SS rods well. I'm pretty new at welding.

Latest posts