Neighbors....

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Gal

Reaction score
some you love; others, you could strangle. We have one neighbor who is a major pain in the azz; his wife is not so bad. They never fix the fence when their bull tears it down, don't speak, etc. Last night about dark we get a call from them. They were penning pairs to haul them to another pasture and a bull calf got through the fence. The wife said she just wanted us to know. She said they were going to leave the momma penned up overnight and hoped the calf would come back to her. This morning at daybreak she called wanting to know if we had seen the calf. My husband said no but we hadn't been looking for it. Evidently, they hadn't been looking either since I saw the calf standing at the shared fence looking over at his momma in the pen this morning when I left for work. :roll: Husband went down to open the gate between the properties and the calf ran back through the fence. Problem solved.

I just found out the new neighbors/owners of the adjacent 17 I acres I just sold are devout vegans, anti kill 'anything' and recycle nuts.
(I think that fact should have been part of their legal obligation in the disclosure part of the sale contacts, but the title co and realtors say "Uh--no, that would be discriminatory".... )

We'll see how it works out on opening day.......or next time coyotes come around.

We have a new neighbor way off in a back pasture. Last one wouldnt help with the fence..Hoping this one will. They are clearing the land and have plowed it. Hope they did it for grass and arent planning on using it for crops. When we bought the land next to this place, the last guy who owned our land had the same idea and it flopped. Stays too wet in that area. Took forever for it to get back to good pastures..
Good fences make good neighbors....i've heard this all my life and its pretty true.

Our bad neighbor to the north lost his lease and the property was bought up by a different neighbor.
So far they have helped to fix fence. Let us know when their cows got into our pasture.

Pretty great folks compared to what we had before.

greybeard":odezs6wz said:
I just found out the new neighbors/owners of the adjacent 17 I acres I just sold are devout vegans, anti kill 'anything' and recycle nuts.
(I think that fact should have been part of their legal obligation in the disclosure part of the sale contacts, but the title co and realtors say "Uh--no, that would be discriminatory".... )

We'll see how it works out on opening day.......or next time coyotes come around.

You did take their money did you not.

Sure I took it, based on what they disclosed. I had met and talked with them several times, here on the property and elsewhere, and they never mentioned anything about being vegan or their objection to killing. With the numerous offers I had on the property, some higher than the one I accepted, it boiled down to "who I wanted as a neighbor".

As Burt Gummer once said,
"I feel I was denied certain need to know information regarding this mission".
:lol: :lol:

greybeard":3udxzupi said:
Sure I took it, based on what they disclosed. I had met and talked with them several times, here on the property and elsewhere, and they never mentioned anything about being vegan or their objection to killing. With the numerous offers I had on the property, some higher than the one I accepted, it boiled down to "who I wanted as a neighbor".

And they may make the best neighbors you every had.

greybeard":lv7lqp7x said:

GB look at it this way....no competition for the wild game. It's all your buddy. :cowboy: Do encourage them to feed everything though and keep it good and fat.

greybeard":n4bz228t said:

That stinks but at least they know how and what you are. Hopefully they'll be good neighbors.

greybeard":3brvzmli said:

I did the reverse. After seeing who was looking to buy the house and land next to me I paid asking price while they were dickering with the seller. The value of NOT having tattooed up white trash as neighbors was worth every penny to me. Ought to be a law on how many tramp stamps a woman and a man for that matter.

Jogeephus":p45b11kp said:
The value of NOT having tattooed up white trash as neighbors was worth every penny to me. Ought to be a law on how many tramp stamps a woman and a man for that matter.

I find that many of the soldiers returning from service overseas are all tatted up. I can see how you wouldn't want them as neighbors. Damn them all, Right?

I make a distinction between neighbors and people that live by me. I've got neighbors that are a couple of miles away but the putz that lives next door isn;t a neighbor.

gimpyrancher":xb8pfs1o said:
Jogeephus":xb8pfs1o said:
The value of NOT having tattooed up white trash as neighbors was worth every penny to me. Ought to be a law on how many tramp stamps a woman and a man for that matter.

I find that many of the soldiers returning from service overseas are all tatted up. I can see how you wouldn't want them as neighbors. be nice them all, Right?
The one's Joe commented on were "Tattooed up white trash"....he never mentioned former military members of any color.

TexasBred":4pxrn9b0 said:
gimpyrancher":4pxrn9b0 said:
Jogeephus":4pxrn9b0 said:

I find that many of the soldiers returning from service overseas are all tatted up. I can see how you wouldn't want them as neighbors. be nice them all, Right?
The one's Joe commented on were "Tattooed up white trash"....he never mentioned former military members of any color.

Thanks TB, just caught Gimpy's ignorant judgmental remark. Yeah, I can't stand white trash. If this is wrong I'm guilty. Wasn't just the tramp stamps that clued me that they were nothing but white trash but the two girls each were dragging two toddlers by the wrist through the yard and each toddler was about four hours overdue for a diaper change. Disgusting but I guess something like this is permissible and totally accepted in the world of the Gimpmeister. Afterall, shouldn't the government provide free tatts and someone to change diapers for them?

Thanks TB, just caught Gimpy's ignorant judgmental remark. Yeah, I can't stand white trash. If this is wrong I'm guilty. Wasn't just the tramp stamps that clued me that they were nothing but white trash but the two girls each were dragging two toddlers by the wrist through the yard and each toddler was about four hours overdue for a diaper change. Disgusting but I guess something like this is permissible and totally accepted in the world of the Gimpmeister. Afterall, shouldn't the government provide free tatts and someone to change diapers for them?[/quote]

That's the next phase of obamacare. Was supposed to have been a surprise, but you discovered the truth.

john250":2zm86jrn said:
Free tats--I'm getin' excited over here.

John, I'll give you a free tat. Won't cost you a dime. What do you want me to draw so I can start practicing. Can't be that hard and based on some of the work I've seen I'm sure I'll do a good enough job barring maybe some spelling errors.

3559bc5faf15075228023f63e934fab4.jpg

worst-tattoo-fails-14.jpg

Latest posts