Neighbors Mini Longhorn bull got in with my Angus Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Swampfox201

Reaction score
Neighbor across the fence raises mini long horns. I didn't know it but their bull got in with my commercial Angus herd and I've got a couple weird looking calves. So far I've got a heifer and a bull. Planning on selling them when I wean but where? Are they worth anything and if they are where do I sell them? They wouldn't go well in the sale ring with my others! Located in Central Nebraska.

IMG_5301.JPGIMG_5319.JPG

How long you been at this? What, if any changes would you like to make? Marketing those calves may be the least of
your problem. good luck

Any recompense from the neighbor?????
Nope. My bull was in their pasture at least once last summer to. It happens. They sold the bull last week because it was causing problems so this should be a one year issue.

Posted a picture of the first calf on facebook just to show what I found and had some people interested so thought I'd post here to see if anyone else had any experience in this.

How long you been at this? What, if any changes would you like to make? Marketing those calves may be the least of
your problem. good luck
20+ years experience. Family moved in and decided to raise some exotic cattle on their homestead for their kids. I have good relations with the family. They sold the bull. Sounds like horses are in their future now.

Find one of those guys selling a $100k bull. Trade him your bull calf and $50k for his bull. Win-win for both of you. You get $50k for your calf and end up with a $100k bull, he clears $50k on his bull and ends up with a cute little bull to use in his herd. You sell a $50k bull and he nets $50k on his bull and still has a cute $50k bull. Both parties raise more of those next year, do the same deals and everyone gets rich. That is a business plan. :)