Neighbors bull is dead he's saying it my bull that done it.

Help Support CattleToday:

:frowns: :frowns: :frowns: :frowns: :frowns:
reminds me of sharks in the water when a feeding frenzy happens.
the animal rights people must be celebrating reading us tearing into each other.

Joepriest, you did not say anything that deserves the wrath directed at you. I do advise against invitations of an unfriendly nature. :lol:
I am in TT's camp. I can see why people decide not to participate.

Rodney-King-with-book325x300.jpg

Rhune":bl42rbwl said:
Caustic Burno":bl42rbwl said:
In Texas Brute is dead right that will get you a ride to the county jail every time.
You can't even do anything with it other than pen it. The Sheriff is the only one that
has any legal authority over an estray.

Wow.

You can shoot a bear, cougar, wolf in defense of your property, but you cant shoot a bull? In Texas cant you shoot a home-invader, castle defense law or something?

Most home invaders don't belong to someone else. My property rights stop where someone else's begins, and that isn't at a property line if said property has it's own legs and it's own mind.

Brute 23":3fdfc2cz said:
No. With the exception of it being aggressive and you having to defend yourself.

Hmmm. whos word they gonna take, mine or the dead bulls.... I have had similar problems with a fella that had bucking stock. I had hot wire on my side of the fence he had nothing on his side. His bull would jump the fence knock down the hot wire and make a pain in the ass of his self. First time I called county stockman, he came out trapped the bull and put it back next door. No charge to the owner.

Following day bull is out this time he got bull and charged owner...

Two days later bull got out charged my lab puppy. Bulls dead shot by me, for fear of my family. Called sheriff, a report was filed end of story. Neighbor wanted to raise hell, but sheriff shut him down quick. He put up a hot wire , we have had no problems since.

Range Boss attitude wont cut it these days. You have animals its your problem, not your neighbors when they stray.

Back to the original thread of this story, the bull bloating within 4 hours of his death in this cold didn't make since. Having said that you still probably share some responsibility for the death of this animal. Cattle sometimes will bloat when they are stressed, this bull getting his ass kicked would be stress.

Handle how ever you want, but I think some token of payment or gift would be in order. A little something to lessen your neighbors loss and mend the trust that has probably been damaged.

Houston, I couldn't agree more with your post. Again, your bull gets through the fence, neighbors bull turns up dead, who is to blame ..... The neighbor?

I'm not following the "poor OP posts", like the shark mentality type post (ILH) yours was not the only one like the poor OP I was referring to, i just used yours as an example. From what I see ISO called him an idiot for attacking input from others he did not agree with and I agreed, he was being an idiot. No way to jump on as a newbie to a forum, "I'll send you my address, come get your azz kicked" since your opinion is not the same as mine..... His thoughts, not mine

Usually I'm the one sticking up for newbies, what cycle is CT in now?

Bottom line, he got off lucky because he has a good neighbor, his bull jumping the fence in my pasture and my bull ending up dead would have been a harder time for him .... What's a replacement Angus bull selling for these days? Who's paying?

You should do what my dog trainer does when she is in a situation where her trained, leashed dog is being menaced by an unruly, loose dog, she just smiles at the other owner as she prepares to unleash her dog and says "Split the vet bills?"
You should atleast pay half the value of neighbours dead bull. It may have been a coincidence that your bull broke thru the fence close to the time of death, or it may not have been a coincidence. You get a share of the blame because your bull was a known fence jumper. Neighbour gets a share of the blame for not being sure his bull was healthy to begin with and for not investigating cause of death. Now go over there and pay the man.

All you guys get your blood pressure up far too quick, on here. Nobody here knows the OP personally and vice versa. In the end, no one here has to listen when someone offers advice.

The OP is the one that has to sleep in the bed he makes.

Alan I was looking at all the people jumping on the "pay for the bull" band wagon. So my.jumping into my training what was COD? What did the pm say? Oh that is right. No pm was done so no COD was found other then a another bull was in the pasture earlier.
We all lose our temper at some point but the attacks, yes these were attacks, I have had them myself, a person gets sick of them and loses their temper and I am not exception.
Joe was no exception, but he came on and asked for our opinions which jumped immediately into it being his fault.
Sorry if you do not like my opinion, but then again I am not sorry. :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I luv herfrds":27ymp3sn said:
Alan I was looking at all the people jumping on the "pay for the bull" band wagon. So my.jumping into my training what was COD? What did the pm say? Oh that is right. No pm was done so no COD was found other then a another bull was in the pasture earlier.
We all lose our temper at some point but the attacks, yes these were attacks, I have had them myself, a person gets sick of them and loses their temper and I am not exception.
Joe was no exception, but he came on and asked for our opinions which jumped immediately into it being his fault.
Sorry if you do not like my opinion, but then again I am not sorry. :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
I will have to admit you are the foremost expert on attacks and drama possibly in the world so I will take your word on this matter. Drama follows you like stink on shyt.

Alan":2ntuqf4w said:
Chris, I can't follow you last post"...... Huh?
She wanted Cash On Delivery but you for got to send a PM so she didn't get it. Now she's mad at you for being mean to Joe who was supposed to deliver the cash.......I think :shock: :lol:

Isomade":2oauvjlp said:
Alan":2oauvjlp said:
She wanted Cash On Delivery but you for got to send a PM so she didn't get it. Now she's mad at you for being mean to Joe who was supposed to deliver the cash.......I think :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , you started this mess Iso! You called Jooe an idiot ..... See what happens when I agree with you! :lol: :lol:

Alan":3cm66t8p said:
Isomade":3cm66t8p said:
Alan":3cm66t8p said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , you started this mess Iso! You called Jooe an idiot ..... See what happens when I agree with you! :lol: :lol:
Yep! I just post and laugh, post and laugh. I still can't understand people getting so upset over what total strangers type on a computer screen. I'm just giddy waiting for ILHs reaming. :D :lol:

Isomade":22fs99ig said:
Yep! I just post and laugh, post and laugh. I still can't understand people getting so upset over what total strangers type on a computer screen. I'm just giddy waiting for ILHs reaming. :D :lol:
Nah, you're safe--you already know that---------just before you posted that /\, you done went down and complimented her hubby's cabinets in her house thread. :lol2: :lol2:

Iso I blocked you so I only see what other quote you as saying. So your opinion on any issue means nothing to me.

Alan I was talking about everyone losing their temper and saying things they do not mean.

Yes Cause Of Death and Post Mortem.

Did anyone of you talk to Joe? I did.

Latest posts