Neighbor Bull difficulties...question

Help Support CattleToday:

LimousinGirl

Reaction score
So, the neighbors bull came over twice in a week and possibly bred my best cow and one other cow. My bull is out there but I don't want to take any chance of having this neighbor bull sire any calves...lets just say he's NOT a bull I'd ever want to breed my cows too.
I'm thinking I'll probablly just give them both the shot and start over, making sure they get bred by MY bull. My question is, I just gave one of these cows a shot of lute about 6 months ago, it wouldn't mess her up to give it to her again, would it?
thanks!

LG

okay, thanks. One more thing though, this just happened Sunday, she was in standing heat then--if I'm remembering correctly, don't you need to wait 10 days before you give her the shot?

I believe it's at least 7 days. You can give Lut pretty much as often as you might need to.
One of the cheapest sync program, is to give Lut to all your cattle, breed what comes in, give 2nd Lut shot on day 10 (or 11?) to rest & breed.
Actually, the cheapest is breed 5 days, than give Lut to the rest. But, my point is - it is recommended to be used right in a row. Has no negative affect on them.

Latest posts