Needing a cattle buyer around Kentucky

Help Support CattleToday:

kentuckian

Reaction score
I raise lightweight feeder cattle, mostly steers, I typically sell groups around 30 head at roughly 450 pounds every month. Typically they are weaned 3 months and have had 2 rounds of vaccines. Looking for a steady buyer for these calves off the farm.. Anyone know of buyers around central ky?

As you probably know, you've got an odd amount to be appealing. Fills a trailer, but not a pot. I have a couple of places to move a full load. I hadn't been able to afford that many pounds at one time, since the boom.

kentuckian":b6i863je said:
I live in Greensburg, Ky.
Not sure if that guy would want to come that far to look or if you want to want to haul that far.

You may want to talk to JJ Childress out of Buffalo. He buys a pile of calves out of Glasgow and Russell Springs so he may buy yours as well. Riley's are a long ways away but I know a guy in Glasgow they used to buy 40 heifers off every couple months so they will travel most of the way over there. Otherwise just find someone near you who backgrounds steers and they will probably be willing to buy them.

Ojp6":1knhitze said:
You may want to talk to JJ Childress out of Buffalo. He buys a pile of calves out of Glasgow and Russell Springs so he may buy yours as well. Riley's are a long ways away but I know a guy in Glasgow they used to buy 40 heifers off every couple months so they will travel most of the way over there. Otherwise just find someone near you who backgrounds steers and they will probably be willing to buy them.
There is a guy in my area that looks at calves and buys for Riley, Morgantown area. Not sure if he will go that far. Calves usually get hauled to Owensboro .

Latest posts