Needed: Shipment of beef to Detroit

Help Support CattleToday:

HUS

Reaction score
Proof that the Detroit school system works!
This is an actual picture of a Burger King in Detroit.

PS: Can a beef producer close by send them some of our USDA finest beef???

You just can't send them any old beef… You need to check the facial levels before you send it. We don't want to ruin the taste for everyone by selling meat that is to clean for them.

P.S. if you don't get that joke watch a movie called "Fast Food Nation". Well it's on the mind because my kids have it on right now.

Sounds about right! :lol:

Employment Qualifications for Fast Food places:

1. Health status? ALIVE
2. Reading & Comprehension Level? CAN IDENTIFY PICTURES ON MENU OR CASH REGISTER
3. Hires? (See #1)
4. Promotion to Shift Manager: STILL ON JOB ONE WEEK LATER
5. Promotion to Assistant Manager: STILL ON JOB ONE MONTH LATER
6. Promotion to Manager: SIX MONTHS ON JOB
7. Hand Washing Skills: WHAT'S THAT?

...Priceless

:cowboy:

Maybe they are downsizing their inventory in anticipation of the auto industry downturn. I hate to disagree with everyone but to tell the truth, I like Burger King's burgers better than any other fast food - must be the grill thing. I do think that Burger King mascot is really weird and probably one of the worst ad campaigns EVER! There's a BK near the stockyards in Narrows, Virginia - it is always clean and the service is fast and the staff is FAR more educated than the one indicated in this picture.

Typical intelligence for such establishments, obviously a person who writes how he speaks. We always say to get a job in somewhere like Wally World, all you need to be able to say is 'If it aint on the shelf, we aint got none' and your in. :help:

Crowderfarms":2vlijb6w said:
Gotta love it. Ebonics move ober!

Dang Crowder, did you not hear that nappy headed politician a while back splaining to the peoples dat dey canst heps it cause its generic? I couldn't believe my ears. And someone elected her. :shock: Denial is one of the first signs of a problem.

I was in a Burger King a while back and the cashier yelled to the back "I ain't got no ones", evidently the manager had been trying to correct her grammar .The manager asked the girl, "what did you say" ? The girl thought for a second and yelled to the back "I don't got no ones" .

Larry

If yall want to have some real fun at a drive thru,"Order while being colored' It's such a shock on the attendants face when you pull up to pay and they're like damm't how you be the driver, dent someone't elc oder?

Doulb't chee whopper
dont'be put'n no sallet on it
what up some cat'chup
large fie
Frozened coke
to go.

Oh i almost forgots lotsa nakkins.

Crowder:

Clear reasons why it takes twice as many employees to keep a fast food establishment in motion. Ever look at how they are all standing around tripping over each other? :???:

Compare the staggering number of employees at BK, Hardees, KFC,etc. to the low number required to operate a similar establishment such as Chinese take out, Mexican take out, etc. And they keep things moving!

HUS":3a9qwuyi said:
Crowder:

Clear reasons why it takes twice as many employees to keep a fast food establishment in motion. Ever look at how they are all standing around tripping over each other? :???:

Compare the staggering number of employees at BK, Hardees, KFC,etc. to the low number required to operate a similar establishment such as Chinese take out, Mexican take out, etc. And they keep things moving!

Consider that the employees at Chinese and Mexican places usually own the restaurant or their parents own it and the family lives off the profits. Then consider that fact food joints mostly hire part time staff, many high schoolers, for just a few hours a day. So they need more people. I don't think your comparison is valid.

As for the sign, take some time to read your local newspaper. If they're like mine, you'll see mistakes like this and much worse. And who said the sign author was from Detroit? Maybe he mvoed there from, say....North Carolina?

Frankie wrote:

"Consider that the employees at Chinese and Mexican places usually own the restaurant or their parents own it and the family lives off the profits. Then consider that fact food joints mostly hire part time staff, many high schoolers, for just a few hours a day. So they need more people. I don't think your comparison is valid.

As for the sign, take some time to read your local newspaper. If they're like mine, you'll see mistakes like this and much worse. And who said the sign author was from Detroit? Maybe he mvoed there from, say....North Carolina?"

I'll be the first to admit I've already witnessed worse than that in North Carolina. I'm sure that you have in Oklahoma and anywhere else you travel. The city of Detroit was not a target my friend. No harm intended.

I also did not take the time to conduct a forensic study to see if the picture actually originated in Detroit. So we don't really know if they moved or not do we?

My point was that looking at the sheer numbers that it takes to operate that type of fast food place is staggering when you compare it to other types of eateries that operate with less staff that actually work with some ethic. I was pointing out the type of undesirable work ethic and academic skills that are obvious.

I employ school age kids and other part-timers all the time. The pay is not always the best but the first thing I expect is some acceptable levels of work for the amount of pay received. Maybe others can pay the wages of ten people to do the work of five. I can't. But I do try to treat them right and I never have any problems finding help.

Work ethic is the driving factor for me.

This is many times controllable. Again, no harm intended.

HUS

Latest posts