Need your help please..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I wrote about my beloved Steffie before and her stage 4 transitional cell carcinoma. Well the dreaded has happened the cancer spread fast and hard, and Friday night she had a complete urethral blockage again and was unable to pee. Saturday morn. we had no other options but to put her to sleep. One of the worst days of my life. She was a loyal loving member of our family as well as working beside me almost everyday of her life.

The clinic called today and needs to know what I want engraved on the plated for her urn.
I am at a loss, all of have is Steffie, April 1997-August 15 2009. Our beloved little girl.
I need to say something more, but I can't seem to come up with the right words.

So if any of you have suggestions I would greatly appreciate it..

Thank you.

Sorry--you made that hard,hard right choice.
"Such a good girl"

hillsdown":33jpeunb said:
I wrote about my beloved Steffie before and her stage 4 transitional cell carcinoma. Well the dreaded has happened the cancer spread fast and hard, and Friday night she had a complete urethral blockage again and was unable to pee. Saturday morn. we had no other options but to put her to sleep. One of the worst days of my life. She was a loyal loving member of our family as well as working beside me almost everyday of her life.

The clinic called today and needs to know what I want engraved on the plated for her urn.
I am at a loss, all of have is Steffie, April 1997-August 15 2009. Our beloved little girl.

Thank you.

URN? WTF?

So sorry for your loss! What you have already looks fine. I don't think it's possible to capture everything that one, extra-special dog means to you in a few words. The reference to your "beloved little girl" tells how special she was to you, IMHO.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":28gfnvbr said:
URN? WTF?

Oh shut up ya moron!

hillsdown":28gfnvbr said:

Sounds good HD, pretty much sums it up doesn't it? I'm so sorry for you loss, I know this was a tough thing for you.

hd ~ I am sorry to hear that Steffie has died, I know how much you cared about and for her.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go. Will Rogers

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras

She died as she had been born and as she had lived, in my care, and surrounded by those who loved her. Vicki W. Fowler

(This one is too long I think, but it is fitting to read about dogs like Steffie that work, as well as live, with us)
"I can't think of anything that brings me closer to tears than when my old dog — completely exhausted after a hard day in the field — limps away from her nice spot in front of the fire and comes over to where I'm sitting and puts her head in my lap, a paw over my knee, and closes her eyes, and goes back to sleep. I don't know what I've done to deserve that kind of friend."
Gene Hill

Hillsdown

Why not just forego the Urn all together. If it means anything I will tell you what I have planned for my good Lab Ginger. I already had a friend of mine who is a pretty well recognized wildlife artist paint her picture, and that is hanging over the fireplace. You could do that or have a real good picture of her blown up and hung in a prominent place in the house.

As far as the ashes are concerned I don't want them around the house. She was not a house dog, she was my companion in the uplands for 11 years, why would I want to put her in a jar. Whenever she decides to move on I will take her ashes to South Dakota and spread them on the exact spot where she pointed her first Rooster for me and then retrieved him with a spur stuck clear through her lip. Here she is dripping his blood and hers and I have never seen a happier dog in my life. I will spread her ashes on that spot and my friends and our dogs will drink a toast to her, say some good words, shed a tear or two and go shoot some roosters in her honor.

The words will fly away on the prarie wind, into the hearts of all who loved her. They won't be scratched on a plaque.

Oh HD I'm so sorry to hear about Steffie. there are quite a few good ones already posted.

"Together we walked and we ran;
Had our fun and our tears;
You were always there no
matter the time of year.
Rest now my dear friend
because when we meet
again we will be walking and
running again."

so sorry to hear that you lost her.i know how much you miss her.but she isnt hurting anymore.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":7mlspkgy said:
hillsdown":7mlspkgy said:

Thank you.

URN? WTF?

I was thinking the same thing.

HerefordSire":2beuli0u said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":2beuli0u said:
URN? WTF?

Yall really are two of a kind.

Sometimes it's better to keep you mouth shut than open it and let the world know what an ass you really are.

HD I don't know much about the urn and the special words to put on it but my favorite dog of all time died about 7 years ago. I took one of her very best pictures and made me a screensaver from it. Every time I quit doing something at the computer for more than a minute she pops up and is giving me that "get back to work" look. ;-)

HerefordSire":1boq77jf said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":1boq77jf said:
hillsdown":1boq77jf said:

Thank you.

URN? WTF?

Herf I almost would have thought that you would be better than something like this. I can see I was wrong.

Larry

larryshoat":qpyksjc6 said:
Herf I almost would have thought that you would be better than something like this. I can see I was wrong.

Larry

I have been known to pick the side of someone being abused at the expense of myself.

Latest posts