Need to replace trailer floor

Help Support CattleToday:

Allenw

Reaction score
Need to replace trailer floor, had a hole in it when i unloaded two cows at the sale barn. Good thing I wasn't fully loaded. Any one have experience replacing an old floor with the rubber, or maybe i should say composite flooring like is in the newer trailers?

No experience whatsoever doing it but I have a customer that does it and swears by the " lifetime floor"
I know drilling through the rubber for the screws burns up a ton of drill bits

I would look at it as how often you use it.. doing commercial hotshotting would be different than a trailer you hook on to once or twice a year.. climate also plays a role.. around here, good seasoned fir planking lasts over a decade so I'd go with that

Its very heavy plus they put the cross members closer together. Saying that, I would not buy a trailer without it. It sure increases the resale value.

I need to rebuild my floor and plan on welding in more supports.. My trailer has thin flat stock maybe an inch wide not sure why they did that but trailer is a 70's stock trailer.

I have to put a new floor in my "new" trailer- I'm using rough cut white oak, and going to oil the pizz out of it.

My brother has an old 16ft bumper pull with a hedge floor in it. It gives me a little case of wood envy. :lol:

The best floor I've ever done was with creosote light pole wood , had the saw mill guy saw some one time and replaced that trailer floor 20 some years ago and it's still in perfect shape today. The trailer still has never seen a barn

Latest posts