Need to get horse in feedlot

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a well started 3 yr. old gelding that needs some hours on him in a feedlot. Does anyone know of any feedlots that take on horses in Kansas or Nebraska? Thanks Roger Meints (402) 228-4556 Leave message

[email protected]

Hours on him? Training? Cutting Cattle? Team Penning? More food to put more weight on him? And, why a feedlot? Incidentally, there is a HUGE "Feedlot" in Garden City, KS.: "Brookovers"--think they might even have a website????

[email protected]

> Hours on him? Training? Cutting
> Cattle? Team Penning? More food to
> put more weight on him? And, why a
> feedlot? Incidentally, The reason I want him in a feedlot is to get hours on him around cattle.

[email protected]

A good trainer would be able to put miles and time on your horse. They usually have access to cattle to ride in and around. A feedlot from my knowledge does not do horse training. Im sure many individuals in or around your area could help you out. My husband even does this in our area for people. They provide the hay, and he rides on the land and around the cattle, thru water etc... Typical is a 30 day period. Check with your local feed stores they may know of someone reputable.

Latest posts