Need to breed my girls!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
But I'm not sure who to breed to. :help:

The first is my Meyer734 cow. She's about 4 1/2.
104lyj6.jpg

The second I don't have a picture of her but it's a Hired Man heifer. She honestly looks just like Hired Man himself just a touch more femine and no bull parts lol. It'll be her first time. She is also a 5 way and I'd like to keep her calves more towards a 3 way.

I'd like to breed them both to club calf bulls. I've been thinking Eye Candy for the Meyer cow.
Thanks for any suggestions!!

Eye Candy is a TH carrier. He needs to be mated to "power cows" according to Cattle Vision.
Have you seen any SS Ebonys Grand Master (Simmental) calves?? He's easy calving for heifers, throws a huge, big square butt, wide loin, & clean front end. We've got 40 calves on the ground & everyone that's been here, jump right on the GM calves. Want to know what they are.

hey Jeanne, was that a GM or an Amigo calf on the red 2 yr old? He was pretty stout

Jeanne,
I'd looked hard at using Grandmaster - but that negative MCE was a deal-breaker for me; I'm breeding mainly for the heifer daughters, and I sure don't need something that I know up-front may present some issues calving out. A small pelvic area is not my idea of a desirable maternal trait.

Now, for a show steer, GM may be a great sire - and just what c&b needs - sure seems like a bunch of those clubby types have low/negative maternal calving ease; it seems to be all about a big butt and lots of hair.

Latest posts