need to add a squeeze chute...For-most at auction

Help Support CattleToday:

pappy6

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a squeeze to allow for easier working of cattle. An auction this coming weekend has a For-most used sqeeze with a model 30 headgate. I see some rust from pictures but appears to have been kept under roof in open sided shed.

Would appreciate any pros or cons from your experiences and what you would value a used unit...realize that is subjective to condition.

Thanks....pappy

Its worth $145 to $195 as scrap iron alone.

Steel is high. "Used" doesn't bother me one iota. Brand new one will be used as soon as I unload it.

If everything is in working order and I needed it, I would probably go about $1200 as my top dollar.

A For-most chute is one of the best ones that you can buy. I really cant think of anything I don't like about ours other than maybe a little noisy. For-most is easily used, one person can operate everything on them easily. Price a new and go from there on the condition of the chute for the price.

Walk around it close. The last time I looked at a formost (15 years ago) it had problems with the head bangers and shin knockers.

They are great chutes as long as you watch your head at times. But the only real thing i have seen is the headgate ratchet lever can be a problem. Seen guys get it to tight with a cow putting pressure on it and you have to hit the lever with a hammer. All in all they are good and if the price is good and looks good i wouldn't be afraid to buy it.

Backhoe...we didn't miss it much...man that paid 550k for the 156 acre farm paid $4100 for the squeeze...I can get a Prefert 604 new for $3450...I didn't even have to hold my breath...thanks for everyones input.

Pappy-

Not sure what you're wanting to spend or what features you might want, but i have a very nice portable (with wheels) For-most 450 with manual catch, built in scales, and palp cage that i'm considering selling. It's about 4 years old. PM me if you interested.

-dg

pappy6":2c39vi2u said:
Backhoe...we didn't miss it much...man that paid 550k for the 156 acre farm paid $4100 for the squeeze...I can get a Prefert 604 new for $3450...I didn't even have to hold my breath...thanks for everyones input.

THat sure makes my junk more valuable. :)

My BIL went to an equipment auction last year. He said stuff there went for more than brand new.

Latest posts