Need some recipes for pork chops

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I ran into a great buy on pork chops at the super market so I stock the freezer with about 40lbs. we do the usual "shake and bake", pan fried ect. But I'm looking for new ideas to try.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Alan

I do the same thing when they are on sale!

We cook them on the grill and then slice thin, serve in warm flour tortillas with taco fixings on the side (avocado, sour cream, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, etc...)

I like to cook them in a cast iron frying pan. I'll season and cook on both sides, then stick the pan in the oven at 350* for about 20 + minutes to finish cooking. Sometimes I put a bbq sauce on them before they go in the oven. Sometimes I add gravy and mushrooms before sticking them in the oven. I like to mix equal portions of apricot preserves and spicy bbq sauce as a glaze while finishing off in the oven.
You can use any sort of marinade too.

They won't dry out cooked this way. The reason I finish them in the oven is because it cooks while I do the evening chores.

I serve with potatoes, home made mac & cheese, couscous, grits, or rice with a green salad.

I cook them in a crock pot too.

I like em fried. I coat them with yellow mustard then flour and seasonings then fry
I will also just flour and fry then put them in a covered dish with cream of mushroom soup and a can of water and bake for awhile.

fried or fried. season both sides with salt and pepper roll em in flour. drop them in hot grease about 325deg take em up when they start turning golden brown. don't over cook they should be med well.

put about 6 in a pot of turnips and cook till tender with side of fried corn bread

My favorite marinate for grilling.

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix ingredients and marinate at least 4 hours

or

Cavender's Greek seasoning

I got my favorite one from Tyler Florence on the foodnetwork.

Brine the pork chop in a brine of water, sea salt, peppercorns, fresh thyme and apple juice.
It was like a gal of water and 1/3c salt, a few sprigs of thyme, 1 1/2c apple juice and 1/2t peppercorns.
Let the pork chop brine for 15-30 minutes depending upon thickness.
Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in an oven proof skillet. Remove chops from brine and pat dry. Sprinkle some pepper on them and sear on both sides.
Put in a preheated oven at 375 til done to desired doneness.

Salt pepper garlic powder to taste. Grill on charcoal. Slap a slice of Swiss on it as it rests

Kingfisher":15rk9quj said:
Trade em in on some beef....:).

:lol: :lol: , we do our own half of beef as needed, always good grained fed Hereford in the freezer, but after time I like some pork, chicken and fish as well.

Thanks for all the replies so far, please keep the coming! :tiphat: I have one on your suggestions in mind for tonight.

Thanks again,
Alan

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. Chippie, I did your recipe using the cast iron skillet in the oven last night, only with cream of chicken soup. Went down real nice with mashed potatoes and corn on the side.

Thanks, :tiphat:

Salt & pepper the chops, brown lightly on both sides. Sliver a clove or two of garlic and add to the pan toward the last. Pour in orange juice to about halfway or 3/4 up the chops, give it a good shot of soy sauce. Cover, simmer for 1/2 hour or so, until they are good and tender. Depends how thick the chops are, thick ones take longer. Grand-daughter LOVES these. She likes rice on the side to put some of the pan juice over.

Another one that my family really likes is pork chops with scalloped potatoes. Again, brown the chops lightly on both sides. Thin slice potatoes, a food processor or mandolin comes in handy for that. The sauce is 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 a soup can of milk and a tablespoon or two of flour. Mix this together and mix with the potatoes in a 9 X 13 baking dish. Some thin sliced onions in with the potatoes makes it even better. Put the pork chops on top, sprinkle season salt over, bake for an hour at 350 or until potatoes are tender.

Stuffed pork chops are pretty good if you have some thick chops. Just stick a filet knife into center slice out a cavity and stuff with whatever you want. Good sausage, dressing or a concoction. Then just throw on the grill and cook as usual.

IMG_6283.jpg

We have 2 ways like them ,one is seasoned with lemon pepper and made on the grill , the other is dip them in egg and then into a mixture of panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and fry them in a pan.

My hubby and family like pork chops this way...

in a nice size roaster, spray the bottom with cooking spray. Put a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes on the bottom, add a layer of frozen corn, another layer of potatoes, and some sliced onion or peppers, then lay the lightly browned pork chops on top. Mix a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom (or cream of whatever you like) with a 1/2 can of water, 1/2 can of milk and a packet of beef or mushroom gravy mix in with it. Pour that all over the chops and veggies. Bake at 325 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. mmmmmmmmm I think you could do this in a crockpot too.

shorty":2s70xui7 said:
Dip them in egg and then into a mixture of panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and fry them in a pan.

I do that too Shorty sometimes, but I stuff them with jarlsberg and ham ,bred them ,flash fry and finish them in the oven . For a twist serve it topped with a jaeger gravy/sauce .

Those stuffed chops look really tasty Jo. :tiphat:

LazyARanch":mz8g0nca said:
My hubby and family like pork chops this way...

in a nice size roaster, spray the bottom with cooking spray. Put a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes on the bottom, add a layer of frozen corn, another layer of potatoes, and some sliced onion or peppers, then lay the lightly browned pork chops on top. Mix a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom (or cream of whatever you like) with a 1/2 can of water, 1/2 can of milk and a packet of beef or mushroom gravy mix in with it. Pour that all over the chops and veggies. Bake at 325 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. mmmmmmmmm I think you could do this in a crockpot too.

I think I will have to try this one. Thanks for posting it.

Here's a nice dry rub -

1/4 cup cumin seeds
3 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
1 Tbsp coriander seeds
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt

Combine cumin, peppercorns, and coriander in a heavy medium pan. Stir over medium heat until fragrant and toasted, about 8 minutes. Cool slightly. Finely grind toasted spices in blender. Transfer to a small bowl. Mix in sugar and salt. Makes 1/2 cup.

Rub pork chops about half an hour before frying or grilling.

slice carrot, leek, celery into the bottom of a casserole dish. Cover with pork chops. Bake on low heat till the fat crisps. Prepare couscous with butter and chopped parsley and throw it into the dish before eating.

No, I don't add any salt, spices, sauces like all the other recipes so maybe you won't like it... but I do.

hillsdown":3usyp5fd said:
shorty":3usyp5fd said:
Dip them in egg and then into a mixture of panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and fry them in a pan.

I do that too Shorty sometimes, but I stuff them with jarlsberg and ham ,bred them ,flash fry and finish them in the oven . For a twist serve it topped with a jaeger gravy/sauce .
:
That sounds good we'll have to try it sometime.

Latest posts