Need some new music

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Finally got the high speed here and have an itchy finger on the i-tunes. Would love some suggestions for some new songs for my i-pod. I like country music especially older stuff. I have a couple of Bob Wills cd's already. Any ideas for more like him? Other stuff?

MistyMorning":2xpydtxj said:
Finally got the high speed here and have an itchy finger on the i-tunes. Would love some suggestions for some new songs for my i-pod. I like country music especially older stuff. I have a couple of Bob Wills cd's already. Any ideas for more like him? Other stuff?

Everything ever sung by George Strait. He's as old school as they come.

Jim Reeves, The Browns. especially Jim Ed Brown, Patsy Cline. I better stop before I fill the page.

You have good taste in music

Ray Price,Johnny Cash, Mel Tillis, Web Pearce, Those people knew how to sing and you clearly understood every word they sang. None of that "I left my dog in your truck" Although I could relate to "You left and took the dog, and I miss him".
Tom.

Not back that far back, but I always loved Linda Ronstadt, Blue Bayou. Also Willie Nelson, Blue eyes crying in the rain.... heck the whole Red headed stranger album... umm CD.

Alan

Can't go wrong with George Strait or Johnny Cash. Carter Family, Patsy Cline, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn are all great too.

Thanks all, I do have Wills, Cash, Cline, Yoakam and a few others on the pod now, won't be getting rid of those for sure. I'll see if i-tunes carries some of the others. It's so nice to be able to download a song in minutes instead of it taking all night!

Any other Texas swing like artists?

If you are going to buy a song at a time, look at amazon.com. Their policies are less restrictive than apple's - itune store.

MistyMorning":dzmc2wre said:
Thanks all, I do have Wills, Cash, Cline, Yoakam and a few others on the pod now, won't be getting rid of those for sure. I'll see if i-tunes carries some of the others. It's so nice to be able to download a song in minutes instead of it taking all night!

Any other Texas swing like artists?
asleep at the wheel ,hank thompson, dale watson,don walser, wylie and the wild west show

Not old but very powerful. Download Allison Krause and Union Station's album call New Favorite. You will never grow tired of listening to it.

I grew up hearing records/tapes of Crystal Gayle, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard and others. My favorite contemporary country artist now is Ryan Adams. Heartbreaker is a great album for one. I think Emmylou does a guest vocal on that one. He's considered alternative country and I still haven't figured out exactly what that means, except that you probably won't hear it on the radio top 40.

john250":3ctyqgq5 said:
Congratulations on getting broadband. It makes the internet useful.

The first couple of days I was kinda jittery, was used to doing a load of laundry, filling the stock tank and doing some paperwork in the amount of time it took to download a pic. I've grown accustomed to it now. :D

alacattleman":5hw4ldfk said:
asleep at the wheel ,hank thompson, dale watson,don walser, wylie and the wild west show

Oh yeah, Asleep at the Wheel forgot about them! Loved that wylie and the wild west show, thanks alacattleman.

HOSS":5hw4ldfk said:
Not old but very powerful. Download Allison Krause and Union Station's album call New Favorite. You will never grow tired of listening to it.

Listened to this one too Hoss, you are right, I think I will get a couple of these.

perda04":5hw4ldfk said:
If you are going to buy a song at a time, look at amazon.com. Their policies are less restrictive than apple's - itune store.

You can load their music on an i-pod? I will check this out too. Thanks

Don't forget 50Cent and Flo rider for variety ;and then there is Black Sabbath, ACDC, RUSH etc. all the greats. :p :lol2:

And no that is not my taste in music, just trying to be helpful. :)

hillsdown":1wag6gtz said:
Don't forget 50Cent and Flo rider for variety ;and then there is Black Sabbath, ACDC, RUSH etc. all the greats. :p :lol2:

And no that is not my taste in music, just trying to be helpful. :)
you'd have to beat me near comatose, to get me to listen to that

Latest posts