Need some good news?

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer

Reaction score
If you haven't heard about this guy, you need to. I'm sure most of you have by now. But in case you missed it, here's a link.

Ironically, this is about him not having to move after a wind fall because he didn't feel safe, but it's the windfall and what he did for 9 years that is the good stuff.

http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-man-james ... 57947.html

Here people think they can't make it to work if it snows an inch. This guy apparently walked an accumulative 21 miles every day to work in the north- so many miles to the bus stop, so many from bus stop to work and then back for 9 years.

Don't know the whole story, but don't care. That's a feat to be proud of. Glad he received a nice hand up instead of the couch potatoes rigging the system. :clap:

I saw this and was very impressed. Both with him and the donors. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer not to figure out how to get another car in all those years, but sure 'nuff tough and determined. You gotta respect that. Likely his house needs some work, a homeowner who makes $11 an hour isn't doing much to it to keep it up. So hopefully he gets the car, his house fixed up, and a nest egg for retirement.

That is impressive, I enjoy walking very much and walk the dogs 6-10 miles a day during the week....I can't imagine doing 42 daily to work Kudos to hi.

Latest posts