need some euros

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Looks like I am headed to Germany and Austria in June. I have been to Germany a couple times but never to Austria. I can add it to the long list of countries I have visited. Probably going to France on the weekend to Metz to see where my uncle Walter won a silver star at in WW2.

Have a safe trip hoss. I have never been outside the usa. I have not been outside the great state of texas since i was 12, about 35 years ago.

Have an older friend that lives in Austria. He always invites my family over to stay in his castle, yes I've seen pics. Looks gorgeous over there but just no way to fit it in. He's coming over here in May to stay at his "ranch". About 1400 acres of woods with a 20 acre bottom. He brings some of his friends over and we drink schnapps and American Budweiser a couple of times a year. Great guy. Have fun Hoss.

HOSS":2x4xbn2a said:
Looks like I am headed to Germany and Austria in June. I have been to Germany a couple times but never to Austria. I can add it to the long list of countries I have visited. Probably going to France on the weekend to Metz to see where my uncle Walter won a silver star at in WW2.

Make sure you take a credit card that doesn't charge you a foreign transaction fee. Saves a good bit.

I've been to the UK, France, Belgium, and Germany a few years ago for a school trip. We toured WW2 battle fields and sites. Went to Normandy beach and saw all the D-Day stuff, Bastogne Belgium and saw the Battle of the Bulge site and fox holes, and Berlin and saw the pieces of the Berlin wall as well as where Hitler's bunker was. I loved it over there it was a lot of fun. Want to go back. Have fun on your trip HOSS. I think you will really enjoy the WW2 stuff in France.

Big Cheese":1zthq0a0 said:
I've been to the UK, France, Belgium, and Germany a few years ago for a school trip. We toured WW2 battle fields and sites. Went to Normandy beach and saw all the D-Day stuff, Bastogne Belgium and saw the Battle of the Bulge site and fox holes, and Berlin and saw the pieces of the Berlin wall as well as where Hitler's bunker was. I loved it over there it was a lot of fun. Want to go back. Have fun on your trip HOSS. I think you will really enjoy the WW2 stuff in France.

That would be a dream vacation for me. I wish I had time to visit some of these sites. I am a huge WW2 history fan. Would love to be part of an archeological dig on some of those battle fields. I would also like to go to Iwo Jima and Okinawa to see those beachheads and battle fields.

It was a lot of fun. We went through EF Study Tours. My favorite place was probably Paris. They had some really good food there lol. If you make it to France be sure and order the Croque Monsieur. Best hot Ham and Cheese sandwich i've ever had. I promise you it wont let you down.

Latest posts