Need some advice on buying a used truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3rfzaf37 said:
Been thinking on buying a used truck and found one that belonged to an elderly man who passed away and the price seems right and it looks to be a good truck. However, listening to the ads on the radio has got me thinking that maybe I need to buy a "certified used truck". I don't think I can get any certification if I buy this other truck. I'm not sure but it seems like certification must be very important. Also I like the sound of the radio ads promising that if I buy a "certified used truck" from the dealership their "certified trained techicians" will go over it with a fine tooth comb. Of course I know a good mechanic who I always get to go over all my vehicles before I buy them but I just don't know if he is certified and I'd hate to embarrass him by asking if he is and he not be. But then again, what does this "certification" actually mean? Does it mean that they certify that the technician went to a training class? But attendance doesn't mean he learned anything does it? I mean he could have slept through the class. Or maybe he is untrainable and is as dumb as a sack of rocks. Either way, having a certified technician go over the truck does sound important. And what is the difference between a mechanic and a technician? I always figured one was union and one was not but I'm not sure. I also like the idea of the dealership's promise of paying me the top dollar for my trade in and giving me rock bottom pricing on a "certified used truck". This just sounds wonderful and I don't know how they do it but then again I don't know much about this kind of stuff so this is why I'm asking your opinion on it. Any help in this matter will greatly be appreciated.
Don't you have a real good mechanic to advise you on this sort of purchase? Do you still need one? :) ;)

Jogeephus":s25t9xcy said:
I'll probably just keep what I got cause I know its a genuine used vehicle with only 198,000 miles on it. 350,000 is my goal then I may just drop a new motor in it cause the tag fees are getting ridiculous on the new or certified used ones. It just tickles me to listen to these ads and btw my X was certifiable so I've been down that road already.

I have a Suburban that just ain't got enough nuts too it for what I need it to do some days. My racer buddy suggested a 383 stroker kit with some new pistons and a camshaft. A lil cheaper than a used upgrade and I know what I have with the rest of my truck........now I am really confused but a new 383 sounds inviting.

Latest posts