need some 2,4-d/seeding advice

Help Support CattleToday:

dane12

Reaction score
it has rained a lot here in north Texas(Thank God) but here is my problem.I still need put down some soughum/sudan seeds and i still need to spay all my pastures with 2,4-d.Can i put down the seeds and then spay within a week or so?
also it is suppossed to 85 to 90 with no rain the next two days we have had 6 inches over the last 2 weeks
should i go ahead and spray now or wait until everything dries up more.i am hopeing that i can cut my coastal in about 4weeks so i dont want to wait to long before i spay it and with the drought we have had the weeds are coming up pretty good any advice would be welcomed

Dane, here's a link that talks about applying 2,4-d to grain crops that you might find useful.

http://www.southernag.com/PDF%20Files/2_4-D.pdf

It make specific mention about using this herbicide on Milo, when to apply, under what conditions, etc.

I probably don't need to tell you this but be careful with this stuff. Make sure you minumize drift or the neighbors will be all over you.

lavacarancher":2udycezw said:
Dane, here's a link that talks about applying 2,4-d to grain crops that you might find useful.

http://www.southernag.com/PDF%20Files/2_4-D.pdf

It make specific mention about using this herbicide on Milo, when to apply, under what conditions, etc.

I probably don't need to tell you this but be careful with this stuff. Make sure you minumize drift or the neighbors will be all over you.

yes i did read all that.did not spay yesterday,but did get all me seeds down.my ? now is can i spray with out killing the seeds?
and how many days without rain do you need for the 2,4d to work?

2,4-d is rainfast in about 2-4 hours. It won;t kill the seeds but may harm any very small seedlings.

dun":360pgdre said:
2,4-d is rainfast in about 2-4 hours. It won;t kill the seeds but may harm any very small seedlings.
Thanks dun that was the ansvar i was looking for