Need Pumpkin Help

Help Support CattleToday:

mudfork

Reaction score
My pumpkins are coming in early. Any tips as to what I could do with them to keep them fresh for a month or so? I doubt anybody will buy them until they've watched a football game or two. The people that is, we don't let our pumkins watch TV.

You might try dehydrating them now and reconstituting them later.

I have a few thousand melons dehydrating as we speak. Shouldn't take but another day or two in this 105+ heat. :cry:

Don't suppose you could freeze them? :lol:

I heard that. We're baking here too. It's 91 out there now. Not bad for you folks, but you have to remember I come from a town who's claim to fame is that free lemonade is served all around town when the temp. hits 90.

I'm taking the pumpkins to a cool basement, we'll see what happens. By the way, about half of them have worms in them on the side that was on the ground. Anyway to stop that?

mudfork":1ipi0kn7 said:
I heard that. We're baking here too. It's 91 out there now. Not bad for you folks, but you have to remember I come from a town who's claim to fame is that free lemonade is served all around town when the temp. hits 90.

I'm taking the pumpkins to a cool basement, we'll see what happens. By the way, about half of them have worms in them on the side that was on the ground. Anyway to stop that?

Pickleworms?

I wouldn't put them in a basement. Put them on pallets in a shed or shade and they should be okay. Do a little research on storage of pumpkins and I think it says to cure them for a few days first. It's been a while...

Latest posts