Need opinion on cow problem

Help Support CattleToday:

chadreed88

Reaction score
I bought a crossbred cow at the sale Monday and she was fine when she came through the ring and I didn't notice she had a problem until that evening when I went to put out some hay. I'll describe what she's doing and let me know what you think. A little more background on her- she's 2yr old 4 months bred.
When she walks her left hind leg stays straight when she's moving it forward and you hear a pop and it comes on forward like it should. So pretty much its like its something with a joint but don't know if she got kicked or hung it on a gate or maybe just has something else wrong with it. Let me know what you think and what you would do. I only paid like 600 for her so keep that in consideration when decideing about a vet or just carrying her back to the sale and get what I can for her.

I would make a guess that is why she was at the sale . A big shot of dexamethasone would have made that harder to see . Take her back to the sale, subtract what you get from what you paid and figure that's the cost of learning . Don't feel bad, we've all been there .

Larry